MatthewAllan93's Security Configuration (2016)

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free & Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox/Chromium: HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, Ublock Origin, Disable WebRTC, Clean Links & NoScript/ScriptSafe.
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit & Privazer.

MatthewAllan93

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 6, 2016
Hello everybody again :), I created an account a few months ago but I deleted it yesterday by accident because I wasn't using it but I created it again because I think I will learn more about malware and also because of the great community :). If you have any comments about my security setup, could you please post below :).

Reactions: DJ Panda

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well good configuration already on that case, its up to you for adding a companion based like SecureAplus (with Whitelisting technology) or Crystal Security. Although Bitdefender have strong AVC and other detection mechanism.

Create system image with the built in of Windows or third party program.

Reactions: Moose and Kuttz

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomie Backupper both have a good and reliable free version. :)

Backups are slightly only less important than a heartbeat. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good! I would also suggest some type of system back up.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Looks good! I would also suggest some type of system back up.
+1 for this

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Great config maybe adding Malwarebytes Anti- Exploit for another layer of protection. Welcome to MalwareTips, btw. :D

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Well, BD Free is not fully compatible with Windows 10 (http scanning not working) and I's not getting Good results in my tests. I would suggest to stay with Windows defender and Smart Screen

MatthewAllan93

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 6, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions everybody :), I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit but forgot to include it. I have also reverted back to Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Pro. So I have edited the original post accordingly :).

Last edited:

MatthewAllan93

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 6, 2016
I have also took off Bitdefender Antivirus free because it was providing a pop-up saying about signing in, which was getting a bit annoying haha :p. Also I usually do my malware scans everyday to make sure that there isn't any :). Also because my main computer is a gaming computer and I like lightweight programs. Could anyone suggest a lightweight antivirus because I also maintain my family's computer and my friends :) or would everyone say that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is enough?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.