Maximum number of new sandboxes in Sandboxie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At the moment, I have Sandboxie (Unregistered) installed and querying about whether there any limitations to creating a new Sandbox in the Free or Paid versions?

All I can find is the max. length of naming the Sandbox, nothing mentioned about a max. number of sandboxes. http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?SandboxMenu#create

Thanks in advance if anyone knows if such limitations exists or not.

Reactions: Gnosis

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
For paid version I think it's unlimited but it's dependent on system memory I believe.
Free version I'm not really sure.
Features for paid version. So you probably could have as many sandboxes as you want but only able to run one at a time.
A. Two features:
• "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name or by containing folder.
• Run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time. This causes error SBIE1303 in the free version.

Reactions: Gnosis and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you use the Paid version, have you ever come to a situation where you had to use multiple sandboxes at any one time? Could you explain the benefits of this?

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Lets say that your running you browser and you open a Java applet. Since you have Java sandboxed it kicks in. Then you open Microsoft word or adobe and it turns on. Anything that can be exploited or internet facing gets sandboxed. So you can at times have 3-4 or more open sandboxes. I also have a sandbox download folder that has everything awaiting scanning. Just a small use for sandboxie that works.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good explanations, it makes sense now.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks to Sandboxie, my PC stays online for DAYS at a time. LOL
That is how much I trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.