may i know your favorite tools to analyze malware

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
i'm new ,but i like to learn , i read many pages of the forum , there are tutorials and great stuff

but may i ask you which are your favorite tools to analyze malware or software that could contain malware or could be dangerous in different way

i use virtualbox and and Wireshark (for day i was sure was a paid software o_O) after i got it 's free and open source

thanks
please share with me
have a great day

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wireshark (for day i was sure was a paid software o_O)
Q 1.7: But I just paid someone on eBay for a copy of Wireshark! Did I get ripped off?

A: That depends. Did they provide any sort of value-added product or service, such as installation support, installation media, training, trace file analysis, or funky-colored shark-themed socks? Probably not.
Wireshark is available for anyone to download, absolutely free, at any time. Paying for a copy implies that you should get something for your money.
Wireshark · Frequently Asked Questions

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
thanks for the links
it's off topic , is there a good alternative to wireshark free?
it's a great software ,but sometime it's not very easy to use it

Reactions: Svoll

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.