Not open for further replies.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Component Package version: 1.0.421 has been released.

I updated my three computers with MBAM.

This is not the regular update, it's one you need to go to "Settings" and then "Install Application Updates."

MBAM on two of my computers will now not open. Both updated Windows 10.

Malwarebytes 3 Support Forum

I see a lot of issues in the MBAM forum... but nothing to yet indicate that my experience is common in this update.

But... I'd advise all to wait on this one for a little while.

MBAM is now like an old stallion. Once fleet of foot, strong and proud. But now broken down, inconsistent, and heavy.

I keep waiting for the MBAM comeback...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
The concept of MBAM version 3 is great but it failed to live up to its promises; it had so many bugs and performance problems that I couldnt keep it in my security setup.

I still hope that one day MBAM will become great again ...

Ps: In my experience MBAM anti exploit, PUP detection and WEB protection modules are top notch, if it was lighter and riddled with less bugs I would use and recommend it.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I still hope that one day MBAM will become great again ...

Ps: In my experience MBAM anti exploit, PUP detection and WEB protection modules are top notch, if it was lighter and riddled with less bugs I would use and recommend it.

And that's the thing.... MBAM gives indicators like that (listed above)... that there is still some greatness in that company. And MBAM is great at malware removal, and they rapidly produced one of the more effective browser extensions (although it's quite heavy, but still in Beta).

I remember when MBAM used to do better than entire AV suites on some tests... at a fraction of the size and a fraction of the resource usage.

They still do some things really well. Just yeah.... MBAM 3 in its totality took a hit.

I have 5 lifetime licenses.... and I'm hopeful that things will get better with MBAM.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

And that's the thing.... MBAM gives indicators like that (listed above)... that there is still some greatness in that company. And MBAM is great at malware removal, and they rapidly produced one of the more effective browser extensions (although it's quite heavy, but still in Beta).

I too hope that Malwarebytes will bounce back to it's former self one day. Hopefully this is just one of those blips that they have to work hard though, but I agree they still have potential. As @Burrito said, they released a very good extension that overall is doing quite well, but still has a few things that need to be ironed out. With MBAM 3 I wonder if they just tried to do too much too fast and that's what caused v3 to be where its at today? I still have a soft spot for Malwarebytes, so hopefully they can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.