Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2015
red_n4.png

• Pros - Good scores in independent lab tests and our hands-on tests. New high score in malicious URL blocking. Website rating, with details. Numerous bonus features.
  • Cons - Phishing detection rate less than Chrome or Firefox alone. Firewall does not stealth ports in all cases. Most of the product's 12 services could be disabled by malware.
  • Bottom Line - McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2015 earns a new top score in our malicious URL blocking test, and it gets good ratings from the independent labs. It comes with a raft of useful bonus tools, though the bonus firewall seemed a bit wobbly in our testing.
Read more: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2469309,00.asp

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i have red the review a few hours ago and the most disturbing thing for me is that mcafee can't protect it's self from malware.:eek::(also the firewall isn't good but you can always use windows built in firewall:cool:.if they improve those components i believe more people will trust them because some components are very good such as web blocking(site adviser) :(

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
If anyone wants to buy that anti-virus, they may want to do a "custom install" and don't opt to install the firewall.

It's lighter and faster that way, at least it's what I read last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.