Expired McAfee AntiVirus Plus 6 months free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
For a free trial version of McAfee AntiVirus Plus 6 months, follow these steps:

1. Go to the promotions page and click "Download".
HERE

2013-06-22_102859.png

2. Register the new account by selecting Create Your Account> fill out the form> Place My Order.
3. Activate your account by reference sent by e-mail.
4. Download McAfee AntiVirus Plus and establish a comprehensive anti-virus protection for 6 months for free, using the account information

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
No thanks. I'd rather go without any protection than using McAfee product.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
According to the last Real-World protection test Mcafee is not that bad at all, but yes, I understand you completely :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ams963 said:

I share almost everything I find, no matter if I use it, think it is good or bad, because someone may find it useful.

Once again, I am here to share, not to judge but if you want to discuss about software you can do it here
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Discussions

I am type of person, if there's a something I don't like I pass it, I don't dislike on Youtube or anywhere else, I just ignore it, and give a like or say "thanks" or give kudos if I like it....
But we are all different

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Looking in the system requirements, this looks like a really old version(the product box looks like it says "Virus Scan Plus 2009"). Unless you are running Win 2000, XP(SP1 or higher) or Vista(SP 1 or higher), it would have compatibility issues if installed(if it even installed to begin with).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Even the Datasheet applies to VirusScan Plus 2009, so thanks for the heads up.

McAfee doesn't use web installers, or do they?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have posted the misleading screenshot :)
And they also.
in fact, download button takes you to the page where you can create new account and get 6 month license

Capture.jpg

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
BoraMurdar said:
I have posted the misleading screenshot :)
And they also.
in fact, download button takes you to the page where you can create new account and get 6 month license

http://s21.postimg.org/ghe4qh0jr/Capture.jpg

The box cover has the same design as the 2011 version(at least it is Windows 7 compatible). If this is the case, do you know if this is upgradable to the latest product version?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
MalwareDoctor said:
The box cover has the same design as the 2011 version(at least it is Windows 7 compatible). If this is the case, do you know if this is upgradable to the latest product version?

Don't look at the boxes anymore :D
I have just created and activated the new account, downloaded the online installer [4.8mb] and it's the same online installer found on cnet and softpedia for McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013, i went trough installation process and stopped when they asked to enter mail and password of my McAfee account (because I already have antivirus installed on my PC).

I personally think that there is no key for activating the product, just enter the same mail and password when you were creating an account on the giveaway page above, as they said that version I am downloading is valid until 4/1/2014.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if McAfee used an online installer or not.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Earth said:
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if McAfee used an online installer or not.

You are welcome :D

I still didn't complete the installation so I am not 100% sure but if anyone test it, let us know

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
ams963 said:

I share almost everything I find, no matter if I use it, think it is good or bad, because someone may find it useful.

Once again, I am here to share, not to judge but if you want to discuss about software you can do it here

I am type of person, if there's a something I don't like I pass it, I don't dislike on Youtube or anywhere else, I just ignore it, and give a like or say "thanks" or give kudos if I like it....
But we are all different
I absolutely appreciate things you share. But when it comes to McAfee I have an old grudge. It came with my newly bought laptop and it was the worst experience with a security app ever. I hope you did not misunderstand me.:)

Nedim said:
According to the last Real-World protection test Mcafee is not that bad at all, but yes, I understand you completely :D
Well did you watch how to uninstall McAfee? ROFLMAO...

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ams963 said:
BoraMurdar said:
ams963 said:

But we are all different
I absolutely appreciate things you share. But when it comes to McAfee I have an old grudge. It came with my newly bought laptop and it was the worst experience with a security app ever. I hope you did not misunderstand me.:)

Don't worry I didn't. I have just shared my opinion.
On the internet, the misunderstandings are a common thing, that's why I prefer discussion live and not virtually. And of course, every other thing :)

I have tried McAfee IS once, couple of years ago, and I didn't like it, for me it was too heavy, but that didn't stop me to share it now. Maybe someone is a fan of McAfee. For every problem that I have or a discussion I want to lead I have a specific section of a forum. Everything should be organized well and the system will work well, that's my point of view.
Have a nice day ams963 :)

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
Don't worry I didn't. I have just shared my opinion.
On the internet, the misunderstandings are a common thing, that's why I prefer discussion live and not virtually. And of course, every other thing :)

I have tried McAfee IS once, couple of years ago, and I didn't like it, for me it was too heavy, but that didn't stop me to share it now. Maybe someone is a fan of McAfee. For every problem that I have or a discussion I want to lead I have a specific section of a forum. Everything should be organized well and the system will work well, that's my point of view.
Have a nice day ams963 :)

Ah glad we're good.:)

Best Wishes,
Amit

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This still works if anyone is interested :)

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
For those who are still condemning this product ......

I agree with you that when John McAfee owned this product what started out as a good product eventually just downright sucked, believe me I had my own nightmares using it years ago. But you need to know that McAfee has been under new ownership (intel) for some time now and deserves a renewed chance. Intel plans on renaming this product and removing the McAfee association all together in the near future.

What I am saying is ....

Have you tried it lately? if not, maybe you should before you condemn it.

As my father always said ..... if your not 100% sure about what you are talking about, it's best to say nothing at all.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.