App Review McAfee Cloud AV Free BETA Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Thanks MalwareDoctor for reviewing this product. But next time can you test this against Norton, Qihoo 360, Bitdefender Free, and Avast free? I would love to see how this product rank from other free solutions. If it perform good, then i might go with McAfee free av later on.

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Cool stuff... I think that McAfee (I meant Intel, sorry :D) is going in the right direction with this product.

Reactions: XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For the record, McAfee SitAdvisor/WebAdvisor really kicks their performance wise but since the name itself entitled as cloud therefore same fate goes to store minimal generic signatures.

Reactions: XhenEd

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Tested McAfee Cloud AV and the main layer of protection is WebAdvisor by far... WebAdvisor is very effective.

shootfire

Level 1
Verified
Feb 6, 2016
Tested McAfee Cloud AV and the main layer of protection is WebAdvisor by far... WebAdvisor is very effective.
Old post but the McAfee Cloud Free AV is now live and out of Beta. I've been using it for a month or so and very impressed. Memory use at idle is less than 20MB (compared to like 200MB for McAfee's regular AV products). WebAdvisor is excellent in all browsers and doesn't slow browsing down noticeably. I just wish there were more custom settings but hey, it's free.

Reactions: LahiruRajinda

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.