McAfee Gamer Security - Gaming Enhanced. Security Reimagined.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: McAfee Gamer Security – McAfee Gamer Security

1561054811494.png

Gaming Enhanced. Security Reimagined
Performance and protection is no longer a paradox.

Performance
  • McAfee Gamer Security helps you tune your system so you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your PC’s hardware.
  • Game Boost is designed to automatically move performance from less-important tasks to an active game, mitigating issues and maximizing quality game time.
Command Center
  • Combining system resource monitoring, historical performance data, and more, McAfee Gamer Security puts all the relevant details at your fingertips in one simple dashboard.
  • Every second counts when you’re gaming. If things start chugging, glance at the real-time dashboard to find out why, so you can solve the problem before it becomes a match-losing issue.
MicroAV Technology
  • Targeting a sub-100MB footprint, McAfee Gamer Security is designed for quicker installs and updates, sending a bulk of threat detection processing to the cloud. This will free up your system to do what it was built for: Gaming.
  • Built from decades of award-winning anti-virus experience, McAfee Gamer Security keeps you protected without significant performance cost.

† Product in development, claims and visuals may be subject to change at any time.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have to laugh :ROFLMAO: just "fortnite kids" believe in that tool. golden rule for gamers: better performance -> hardware upgrade
Most Fortnite BR players can be found on Console and Mobile, but I don't see the relevance.

Serious/Competitive PC Players are likely to have powerful hardware for best possible performance. However, you cannot rule out that badly optimised Antivirus/Security software can indeed have a negative effect on performance, regardless of hardware.

I'm actually interested to see what they come up with following the discontinuation of McAfee Cloud Antivirus (Limited Release) and McAfee App Boost [Discussion Thread], perhaps a combination of the two?

Last edited:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
waiting for some news about this cloud av. i would give it a try...could be light as panda but with better protection

Reactions: roger_m

chabbo

Level 2
Verified
Jan 30, 2013
Requirements and Specifications
Operating System
  • Microsoft Windows 10 version 1809 (Oct 2018 update) or later
Internet Connection Required
  • High-speed connection recommended
Hardware
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 500 MB free drive space
  • 1 GHz Processor

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
I actually really like this. It's lightweight - no bs unnecessary firewall, browser addons, etc. The only real question I have is how the protection features compare to the base Mcafee. What the gaming addon seems to do is raise the priority of the game you're playing while dropping the priority of other background processes. If you run a Windows install with tons of stuff disabled, you're not going to see any benefit. I'm really curious to see if you'd get any better performance out of this app on a multi monitor setup with the browser and other stuff running in the background. They have a 3D Mark benchmark that shows improvement, but I want to test it out on multiple games and see if there's any actual FPS benefit.

Even without the gamer stuff it's very light and only $23 right now. For a minimalist that likes to cobble together protection apps this seems like the perfect barebones anti-malware app. I wish someone would give the protection capabilities a good run-through so we could see what it was capable of.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.