Mcafee Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusAttak

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Just Purchased new laptop it comes with 15 months of mcafee internet security I'm also having ESET SS Licence for a year.

So my question is would you ditch ESET SS 8 for Mcafee Internet security 2015 ?

Thank you

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Just Purchased new laptop it comes with 15 months of mcafee internet security I'm also having ESET SS Licence for a year.

So my question is would you ditch ESET SS 8 for Mcafee Internet security 2015 ?

Thank you
For me i prefer eset over mcaffe but they are both food antivirus

D

Deleted member 21043

Hi there,

I have used both McAfee and ESET in the past and can honestly tell you that I think ESET has always been better and higher up in terms of providing good, lightweight security for the end user (this is not aimed at just McAfee, but a majority of the Antivirus products out there). However, other people may have experienced it differently. Not only this, however everyone has a favourite Antivirus (or some do :D ).

Looking at reviews for both products I can see that ESET is a overall winner. In fact, you can also see on the Malware Hub they are either top or second, every time... Usually.

You can also configure ESET for better protection than what it provides by default. I'm sure @Malware Test could help you with this if necessary.

Hope I helped,
Thanks.

Reactions: VirusAttak

VirusAttak

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Hi there,

I have used both McAfee and ESET in the past and can honestly tell you that I think ESET has always been better and higher up in terms of providing good, lightweight security for the end user (this is not aimed at just McAfee, but a majority of the Antivirus products out there). However, other people may have experienced it differently. Not only this, however everyone has a favourite Antivirus (or some do :D ).

Looking at reviews for both products I can see that ESET is a overall winner. In fact, you can also see on the Malware Hub they are either top or second, every time... Usually.

You can also configure ESET for better protection than what it provides by default. I'm sure @Malware Test could help you with this if necessary.

Hope I helped,
Thanks.

Go for Eset- light,it doesn't slow system down and it's best paid antivirus.

Yup thats what I'm thinking i love eset
problem is 15 months licence :D
anyway I'm removing mcafee as my laptop comes with only 4gb ram(it is using high ram) and i don't want to upgrade it right now :p

Reactions: MalwareT
D

Deleted member 21043

Yup thats what I'm thinking i love eset
problem is 15 months licence :D
anyway I'm removing mcafee as my laptop comes with only 4gb ram(it is using high ram) and i don't want to upgrade it right now :p
That pretty much sums it up then! ESET will work just fine with you having 4gb ram and it won't slow down your PC/get in the way. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will go for ESET, in some reasons McAfee track record isn't much good for majority of consumers. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would definitely stick with ESET. McAfee has been plagued by problems and though it has been bought by Intel their history is not a very good one.
If you have any doubts just google John McAfee video this should make anyone's decision a bit easier :D

Reactions: PVA_BR and jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.