McAfee's Free Steganography Analysis Tool (Stegware Protection)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Steganography Analysis Tool | McAfee Downloads

1561138705523.png

ARE YOU PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM STEGWARE?

UPLOAD (*) This is a constrained service, make sure the selected image is not larger than 1024x768 and the size is less than 1 MB
RESULTS (**) Processing time might vary between 1 and 25 seconds depending on multiple factors such as your current location, file size and format, and service load. Depending on the image format and amount of concealed data, this Beta tool may not always detect steganography.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I created 4 images with different resolutions from a single image file then uploaded those in this Mcafee site and it marked 3 of these images as "Suspicious: Yes - Image might be concealing data using steganography " and one as "Suspicious: No - We can't find significant traces of steganography in this image "
Lol. They are exactly the same image, I just changed the resolution using Paint on Windows :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I created 4 images with different resolutions from a single image file then uploaded those in this Mcafee site and it marked 3 of these images as "Suspicious: Yes - Image might be concealing data using steganography " and one as "Suspicious: No - We can't find significant traces of steganography in this image "
Lol. They are exactly the same image, I just changed the resolution using Paint on Windows :ROFLMAO:

McAfee quality at its finest :ROFLMAO:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The images that were flagged as suspicious, were they modified in Paint (resized, not original)?

McAfee quality at its finest :ROFLMAO:
Still in beta.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The images that were flagged as suspicious, were they modified in Paint (resized, not original)?
Yes. It's my dp that I'm using here on the forum. Just to give a background, I captured this image 5 years ago via HTC One E8 (Good old HTC days). I just resized that image to various resolutions via Paint to test this Mcafee tool. So, I don't think there's anything suspicious about these images.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.