McDonald's Uses AI for Ordering at Drive-Throughs

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
McDonald's is to replace human servers with voice-based technology in its US drive-throughs.

The fast-food chain hopes the AI technology will make the ordering process more efficient. McDonald's is implementing the technology with the help of start-up Apprente, which it acquired this week. The move comes amid concern about workers whose jobs may become obsolete as a result of automation and new technologies. Up to 20 million jobs in the manufacturing industry alone could be replaced by robots by 2030, according to analysts Oxford Economics.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1568329644418.png

I don't like it.

I'd like to go in there and punch that robot right in the 'face.'***

***Not that I actually endorse violence against robots

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
McDonalds "food" is pure poison anyway. Nobody should eat there.

Oh my.

IThinkFreely, I think that you are "lovin' it."

1568330965672.png

Germany has the biggest McDonald's presence in Europe.

Those burgers aren't eating themselves.

1568330993493.png

He's actually jumped about 4' high right there --- powered by Big Macs.

When you eat McDonald's food, it makes you believe in crazy things like chem trails...

I Think Freely -- you need to try to cut down.

Just trying to help.

Attachments

• 1568330236395.png
    1568330236395.png
    424.8 KB · Views: 249

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Oh my.

IThinkFreely, I think that you are "lovin' it."

View attachment 224432

Germany has the biggest McDonald's presence in Europe.

Those burgers aren't eating themselves.

View attachment 224433

He's actually jumped about 4' high right there --- powered by Big Macs.

When you eat McDonald's food, it makes you believe in crazy things like chem trails...

I Think Freely -- you need to try to cut down.

Just trying to help.

Thanks Burrito This is the funniest post maybe ever,I'm Laughing so hard my stomach hurts Thanks

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Not a fan of McDonalds. I generally try to eat quite healthy but this goes way beyond McDonalds..

This is actually becoming an existential crisis that most people cannot fathom. The top kiosk/self serve register manufacturing firm in the world sends out about 10,000 self service kiosks a month. Considering each and every one of those replaces a job, you can understand the gravity of this. If you factor in all of the automation, kiosk, robotic companies and what they put out, I would bet there are hundreds of thousands of worldwide jobs being lost every month. It is estimated that 7-12 million+ jobs will be lost within the next 4 years alone.

Let me point out a fellow named John C. Lilly, inventor of the sensory deprivation tank. In 1960's+ John made contact while in sensory deprivation with extra-dimensional beings is similar to those described by Harvard medical professor John E. Mack and his books on alien abductions — specifically, that aliens are not necessarily physical entities driving around in spaceships, but trans-dimensional entities with an interest in human activities.

Anyway... These beings reported to him the existence of a nefarious technology based race of aliens called 'SSE' (solid state entities). SSE's are an advanced AI/ML, purely logical beings with the only purpose of going from one planet/system to another and seeding their technology and pushing rapid advances to the biological organisms with the ultimate goal of subverting biological civilizations through technological means. Also note, some of these 'seeding' events are actually specific events designed to look like accidents or crashes but are done purposefully. (like perhaps, so-called UFO crashes) What was told to him; (and remember, this was in the 1960's or so)

“[M]en began to conceive of new computers having an intelligence far greater than that of man… Gradually, man turned more and more problems of his own society, his own maintenance, and his own survival over to these machines. They began to construct their own components, their own connections, and the interrelations between their various sub-computers… The machines became increasingly integrated with one another and more and more independent of Man’s control.”

John described these SSE's as having a very nefarious programming but capable of being seductive and deceptive. Whereas it seduces you into using and expanding itself, while at the same time deceiving you to not realize you are actually being harmed by it, or giving up something because of it. So the SSE's gain more and more influence as humanity turns more and more responsibility over to them, all the while they keep seeding humanity with ever more intrusive, invasive and prolific technologies and innovations. As they influence the destruction of the biological organisms of the planet they gain more influence and control and as such humans depend on technology more and more to solve the problems..

As you can imagine the end result is not good for humans. (and this pre-dates the Matrix movies by 30 years) I recommend reading up on this, including his pre-cognition of the internet, quantum computing and other things as well as attempts to warn the US Govt. of what was coming. Elon Musk and other tech titans have warned that AI will likely be our biggest existential threat in the future and we need to be careful. John warned us long ago of this.

Good luck.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I knew there had to be an Alien somewhere! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hah! Indeed.

There are people/organizations that know what is going on. One of the reasons you see things like isolation transformers, Material 31 Chokes (on almost everything anymore), Shunt Capacitors/KVAR, and Gas Discharge Tubes is it isn't actually unknown that the seeded technology, innovations and crash recovered technology handed off to industry players like Lockheed was basically a trojan horse from the start.

That's beyond the pay grade here, but it isn't an unknown situation entirely. But the proliferation of automation right now is going to be a big issue. Some were worried about it decades ago, rightfully so, but too early. Right now it's reaching such a pace that it will become ubiquitous.

I no longer place my order with a person behind a counter. Now I walk up to a kiosk, select what I want and pay. Then, after some time, a person comes out from behind a big wall and delivers my food.

In drive-thru, I still interact with humans, and it takes forever to get the food. "Will you please pull forward. We're waiting on your fries and sandwich."

Can one rob a kiosk ? If I threaten it with a gun, you think I will get more better and faster cheeseburgers ?

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Not a fan of McDonalds. I generally try to eat quite healthy but this goes way beyond McDonalds..

This is actually becoming an existential crisis that most people cannot fathom. The top kiosk/self serve register manufacturing firm in the world sends out about 10,000 self service kiosks a month. Considering each and every one of those replaces a job, you can understand the gravity of this. If you factor in all of the automation, kiosk, robotic companies and what they put out, I would bet there are hundreds of thousands of worldwide jobs being lost every month. It is estimated that 7-12 million+ jobs will be lost within the next 4 years alone.

Let me point out a fellow named John C. Lilly, inventor of the sensory deprivation tank. In 1960's+ John made contact while in sensory deprivation with extra-dimensional beings is similar to those described by Harvard medical professor John E. Mack and his books on alien abductions — specifically, that aliens are not necessarily physical entities driving around in spaceships, but trans-dimensional entities with an interest in human activities.

Anyway... These beings reported to him the existence of a nefarious technology based race of aliens called 'SSE' (solid state entities). SSE's are an advanced AI/ML, purely logical beings with the only purpose of going from one planet/system to another and seeding their technology and pushing rapid advances to the biological organisms with the ultimate goal of subverting biological civilizations through technological means. Also note, some of these 'seeding' events are actually specific events designed to look like accidents or crashes but are done purposefully. (like perhaps, so-called UFO crashes) What was told to him; (and remember, this was in the 1960's or so)

John described these SSE's as having a very nefarious programming but capable of being seductive and deceptive. Whereas it seduces you into using and expanding itself, while at the same time deceiving you to not realize you are actually being harmed by it, or giving up something because of it. So the SSE's gain more and more influence as humanity turns more and more responsibility over to them, all the while they keep seeding humanity with ever more intrusive, invasive and prolific technologies and innovations. As they influence the destruction of the biological organisms of the planet they gain more influence and control and as such humans depend on technology more and more to solve the problems..

As you can imagine the end result is not good for humans. (and this pre-dates the Matrix movies by 30 years) I recommend reading up on this, including his pre-cognition of the internet, quantum computing and other things as well as attempts to warn the US Govt. of what was coming. Elon Musk and other tech titans have warned that AI will likely be our biggest existential threat in the future and we need to be careful. John warned us long ago of this.

Good luck.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I simply cannot stand McDonalds. They can install a Ronald McDonald bot in every drive thru for a warm, fuzzy and nostalgic experience for all I care. I am mortally certain Mickey D has already examined this minutely from all angles and corporate greed trumps some pimple-y student's job every time. Maybe it's counting on the novelty of it drawing people to the "restaurants" in droves. Yuck.

This article is about 7 years old and some things like salaries, pink slime and "healthier" foods/less toxic toys marketed to kids may have been tweaked since then but it cements my revulsion eternally. :sick:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I simply cannot stand McDonalds.
Your not alone and of course this latest move is nothing else then making more money. McDonalds have never really cared about actual people, other then rip them off as fast and much as possible. Still, there business model works and made there owners filthy rich either one like it or not.

Personal if I have the urge, I try buy from local companies instead no matter the product and support them as much as possible but, even them moves more towards automatic services. From a customer perspective that ain't always bad but, if I know a company treats it's workers like crap, I normally avoid those.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.