Latest Changes
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
Version or Build no.
Version: 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)
System type
64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
Security Updates
Automatic Updates (recommended)
User Access Control
Default
Network Security (Firewall)
Windows Defender Firewall
User Account
Sign-in Accounts
Malware Testing
I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Trend Micro Maximum Security
Version: 12.0.1191
RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Zemana AntiMalware
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome - Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Adblock Plus/Adblock
    Trend Micro Toolbar
    Trend Micro Shell Shock Detector
    WOT
    Google Drive
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Adblock Plus/Adblock
    Password Managers
  • LastPass
    Trend Micro Direct Pass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner
    Trend Micro Tuneup
    Data Backup
    Custom
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect Pro
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/mclovins-rig.56449/

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    About my setup + extra security yet simple;
    I also have with all computers connected to my network have only their MAC Addresses in the router so that only the computers on the network can access the internet. So we don't have people sitting outside my house just connecting to our internet.
    I like to keep my config simple.
    For my On-demand scanners I use them once a week, as I don't end up going to bad and dodgy websites BUT when I do I ALWAYS do so in a Virutal Machine.

    Computer specs;

    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM: 24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Graphics: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 (SOCKET 0)
    Hard Drives: 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-1ER166 (SATA)
    14GB SanDisk SDSA6DM-016G-1006 (SSD)
    500GB Seagate ST3500630AS (SATA)
    1TB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA)
    Other Specifications:
    hp BDDVDRW CH30L - Blu-ray player and SuperMulti DVD burner
    HP WLAN 802.11 ac 2x2 DB MCard BT
    SteelSeries Rival 100
    TTesports Keyboard
    Integrated Sound, Envy Audio; Beats Audio
    2 USB 3.0 (front); 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 (rear); Beats Audio; 1 headphone/microphone combo

    Link to my hardware rig.
    ______________________________________________________________

    FAQ:

    Q: Why do you use Trend Micro all the time?
    A: I believe that the web protection for me is enough. I rarely go to any bad sites and ones that are bad I end up doing it on a VM.

    Q: What phone do you have?
    A: Currnetly it's the Google Pixel 2 XL. Running Android 8.1.0

    Q: Once a week scan for On-Demand scanners, why??!!??!?!??
    A: As I've said before I barely go to any bad sites and when I do it's all done in a VM.

    Q: What do you do on your computer?
    A: I listen to music, run a photography business, game and use it for study.
     
    Last edited:
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    McLovin, how are your pings with Trendmicro? Mine are sky-rocketing both with 2012 and 2013 versions. Over 200 ms. Strange though I don't feel any discernible delay in browsing.
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    normalizerx said:
    McLovin, how are your pings with Trendmicro? Mine are sky-rocketing both with 2012 and 2013 versions. Over 200 ms. Strange though I don't feel any discernible delay in browsing.
    No I haven't felt any slow down or any high pings.
     

    Spirit

    New Member
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    Hi Mclovin Do you really think you don't need any on-demand scanner?
    With Trend micro I think u need it and hmp and mbam are free and light:)
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    Stranger said:
    Hi Mclovin Do you really think you don't need any on-demand scanner?
    With Trend micro I think u need it and hmp and mbam are free and light:)
    I don't go to any site that are of malicious content on my host, so I would not need any.
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    Will have to look into it :)
     
    P

    Plexx

    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    McLovin hardly downloads unsafe stuff so having an On Demand scanner is not so relevant. Even I don't really need it. Only have it for the sake of having to be honest.

    His Level of Security Risk is low so Trend itself is enough.

    In fact, if I remember correctly he plays quite a bit with CS5, AE, SVP to make and modify themes, wallpapers and other art, like for example now whilst he is busy with my requests:)
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    Biozfear said:
    McLovin hardly downloads unsafe stuff so having an On Demand scanner is not so relevant. Even I don't really need it. Only have it for the sake of having to be honest.

    His Level of Security Risk is low so Trend itself is enough.

    In fact, if I remember correctly he plays quite a bit with CS5, AE, SVP to make and modify themes, wallpapers and other art, like for example now whilst he is busy with my requests:)
    That is 100% correct. I barely go and do an bad things on my host, plus all I do is PS, AE, and SVP :p

    Plus your backgrounds coming along nicely Biozfear :)
     
    P

    Plexx

    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    McLovin said:
    That is 100% correct. I barely go and do an bad things on my host, plus all I do is PS, AE, and SVP :p

    Plus your backgrounds coming along nicely Biozfear :)
    I might ask for some AE and SVP tips. Have you considered doing AE/SVP tutorials as well? Just a thought.

    Looking forward for the backgrounds and eventually the intro (hope the request wasnt too much of a challenge)
     

    Payback

    New Member
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    McLovin said:
    Will have to look into it :)
    Actually...it is medium-light config,isn't it? Well actually,for a noob like me needs really bigger security than it (HMP,MBAM,CCE,CSK,EES (Hitman Pro,Malwarebytes,Comodo Cleaning Essentials,Comodo Switch-Kill,Emsisoft Emergency Kit etc. with Toolwiz Time-Freeze,Sandboxie,and tons of security add-ons :p) (yes,sometimes my Firefox becomes unresponsive,but it gets back to normal under one minute anyway)

    Thank you for your time,regards

    - Payback
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 10-10-2012

    Payback said:
    Actually...it is medium-light config,isn't it? Well actually,for a noob like me needs really bigger security than it (HMP,MBAM,CCE,CSK,EES (Hitman Pro,Malwarebytes,Comodo Cleaning Essentials,Comodo Switch-Kill,Emsisoft Emergency Kit etc. with Toolwiz Time-Freeze,Sandboxie,and tons of security add-ons :p) (yes,sometimes my Firefox becomes unresponsive,but it gets back to normal under one minute anyway)

    Thank you for your time,regards

    - Payback
    Reason is I don't use any on demand scanners, is because I rarely go to sites that infect me and if I want to I will be doing that on my VM. So to me I don't need them.
     

    raxa707

    Level 1
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 21-12-2012

    u have a one cool pc man great but u dont use any secondary scanners any reason??
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 21-12-2012

    raxa707 said:
    u have a one cool pc man great but u dont use any secondary scanners any reason??
    Look at the post above. That might be able to help you. ;)
     

    McLovin

    Level 73
    Verified
    Trusted
    Malware Hunter
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 21-12-2012

    raxa707 said:
    hmmmm vmware...???
    I do all my tests and what not in VMware and any sites I want to go to I do it in that. Other than that I don't go to any risky sites, so hence I don't need any Secondary Scanners.
     

    Payback

    New Member
    RE: McLovin's Config - Updated: 21-12-2012

    McLovin said:
    raxa707 said:
    which os u use in vmware???
    Currently using Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.
    Is it enough? bro I don't trust that...you should install Hitman pro for scan only...just in case...and you can delete those infected files manually