2. Working from home

Computer hardware
CPU: Genuine Intel Core i7 1065g7 @ 3.9 GhZ
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics
RAM: 8 Gb DDR4
512 Gb PCIE NVME Storage

McMcbrad

Level 10
Now this is the configuration for my primary device, which I use ONLY for work (software development, office apps, IT administration, etc.)

This device is protected by McAfee Endpoint Security.

For those of you who haven’t used McAfee Endpoint, it is a solution that comes with 4 modules:
  • Standard Antivirus, which unlike the home version of McAfee is jam-packed with settings and the cloud has 5 aggressiveness settings. This module also includes Exploit Prevention, which uses a large set of rules to block online and offline intrusions.E.g. block WMI calls from Microsoft Office
  • Firewall, which operates without creating rules. It also blocks connection based on IP reputation and can be configured in a sort of “default-deny” way, where all unverified addresses and sites are blocked.
  • Web Filter, which is basically corporate SiteAdvisor, which also has level of aggression and can be configured to block all unverified sites.
  • And most important - Advanced Threat Protection - this is Real Protect Cloud, Real Protect Local and Dynamic Application containment. Real Protect Local is sort of “data miner” scanning pre-execution, Real Protect Cloud is the true behavioural blocker. Dynamic Application Containment is not too different from the Comodo Sandbox. It’s got a set of rules which are applied to every isolated program and can be configured.

Because it’s a complicated solution to deploy and manage, I will not be including changes made to the RTP config bellow, as these are a lot. Anyone wishing to obtain information on how I’ve configured it can cont

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 21
Verified
Now this is the configuration for my primary device, which I use ONLY for work (software development, office apps, IT administration, etc.)

This device is protected by McAfee Endpoint Security.

For those of you who haven’t used McAfee Endpoint, it is a solution that comes with 4 modules:
  • Standard Antivirus, which unlike the home version of McAfee is jam-packed with settings and the cloud has 5 aggressiveness settings. This module also includes Exploit Prevention, which uses a large set of rules to block online and offline intrusions.E.g. block WMI calls from Microsoft Office
  • Firewall, which operates without creating rules. It also blocks connection based on IP reputation and can be configured in a sort of “default-deny” way, where all unverified addresses and sites are blocked.
  • Web Filter, which is basically corporate SiteAdvisor, which also has level of aggression and can be configured to block all unverified sites.
  • And most important - Advanced Threat Protection - this is Real Protect Cloud, Real Protect Local and Dynamic Application containment. Real Protect Local is sort of “data miner” scanning pre-execution, Real Protect Cloud is the true behavioural blocker. Dynamic Application Containment is not too different from the Comodo Sandbox. It’s got a set of rules which are applied to every isolated program and can be configured.

Because it’s a complicated solution to deploy and manage, I will not be including changes made to the RTP config bellow, as these are a lot. Anyone wishing to obtain information on how I’ve configured it can cont
Great configuration thanks for sharing
did it has solid core and DLP such as ePO version ??