Me.ga Hackers: We’re Real Pirates & We’ll Sell Dotcom’s Domain To Universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
GpQvy.png

A Gabon government minister has said that his country will not be used as a base for committing copyright infringement and has announced that his country will seize the new Me.Ga domain. But while Dotcom blames the United States and entertainment company Vivendi, a group of hackers say they have taken over the domain. Speaking with TorrentFreak the group say that they are the true pirates and that Dotcom is a megalomaniac. “He himself is an industry, only here to pollute,” they say.

On January 20, 2013 Kim Dotcom is set to launch the successor to Megaupload, along with a promise for it to be bigger and better than before.

In anticipation of opposition, Dotcom previously revealed that the site would use encryption to boost the site’s safe harbor protections. Furthermore, it would not use a .com domain as these are easily seized by the United States government.

But, after announcing less than a week ago that the site would use the Me.ga domain, already the plan has run into trouble from not one but apparently two different directions.

First, and just hours ago, came news that the Communications Minister of Gabon, the African country where .ga domains are based, would be suspending the Me.ga domain.

“I have instructed my departments to immediately suspend the site www.me.ga,” announced Communication Minister Blaise Louembe.

“Gabon cannot serve as a platform or screen for committing acts aimed at violating copyrights, nor be used by unscrupulous people,” the minister said.

View the full story

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Communication Minister Blaise Louembe just doesn't want anything to do with it. I see, but still good thing having a huge domain hosted in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.