Media Codec Popups still Occuring Even after following Guide

InquisitorToth

Thread author
Apr 26, 2014
OK so a few days ago I noticed that I was getting pop ups to update a Media player codec and and FLV player, I never clicked on them I also closed them out and ran scans using norton360. After norton360 Failed to discern the issue I started a search on the internet which brought me to your website. I followed the Guide that you have posted and I thought I had gotten rid of the issue but it was only temporary at best. They had come back and I ended up formatting my computer as a last resort option, Once I started to reinstall my programs I installed the flash player plugin and they started to come back again now The FLV player update appears in banners for certain ads In addition to them also showing I need to update a media player. I could really use some help with this. These pop ups are also on four other computers and I don't understand how everyone has it. I figure if we can get it knocked out on my computer I might have an easier time getting rid of it on the rest.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 76
  • aswMBR.txt
    473 bytes · Views: 62
  • FRST.txt
    156.1 KB · Views: 130

InquisitorToth

Thread author
Apr 26, 2014
Wow, yeah all the banners are back to normal. Thank you. I keep a watch and see if anything else develops, you guys and/or gals are fantastic.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.