MetaX to Launch First Blockchain to Help Cleanup Ad Industry

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It’s no secret that digital advertising is riddled with fraudsters and scammers who do everything from running phantom ads never viewed by a human being to injecting malware-laden ads into websites. That’s the problem that a startup called MetaX hopes to solve using blockchain, the distributed ledger technology behind bitcoin.

[...]

That’s why MetaX, a four-month-old self-funded startup in Los Angeles, today introduced adChain, which it says is the first solution using blockchain to coordinate and track the entire digital ad supply chain. It’s actually a protocol, built with the blockchain software company ConsenSys, that is specific to the online ad industry.

“The industry needs an upgrade to its backbone,” said MetaX co-founder and Chief Executive Ken Brook, an ad tech serial entrepreneur who is still CEO of video ad tech firm VidRoll LLC. “And blockchain is the upgrade.”

upload_2017-3-21_18-22-47.png

[...]

For its own business, MetaX is working with Microsoft Corp., whose Azure cloud is providing the infrastructure as well as Azure credits to run the pilot program.

Keep Reading at MetaX wields blockchain in bold bid to clean up digital advertising - SiliconANGLE

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Seems like a really good concept. Never really used an adblocker, my standpoint is that this might be a really good idea! :)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Well this will not make me remove my adblocker. Ads will still drain bandwidth and make websites slower.
I agree. Even if you stop malware and scams, there's always fullscreen ads, popup ads and video ads which slow down the speed. Put text ads and small sized picture ads. I won't need an adblocker if ads were like that.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I agree. Even if you stop malware and scams, there's always fullscreen ads, popup ads and video ads which slow down the speed. Put text ads and small sized picture ads. I won't need an adblocker if ads were like that.

Stopping malware and scams is definitely a step in the right direction but Ad overkill is something the web sites and advertisers will need to fix.

Like watching a TV show or listening to the radio there are only so many commercials people will sit through before switching the station, websites need to stop with the in your face and right down your throat wall to wall ads and advertisers need to stop wasting their money advertising on sites that do.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Glad to see someone attempting to give the industry a push in the right direction. Sadly I feel for a lot of people it's too little, too late.
Peoples' trust in online advertising has rightly been shattered and unless a guarantee can be made for the performance, privacy and security of online ads, people are going to continue to block them. That's not counting the zealots who simply hate ads altogether and will block them unconditionally.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well this will not make me remove my adblocker. Ads will still drain bandwidth and make websites slower.
It's not about blocking Ads.

They're not asking you to remove your adblocker, they're actually doing something to help erradicate the corrupt advertising industry.

I have seen sites slow, without Ads.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.