Microsoft’s 32 GB Surface Already Sold Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Microsoft yesterday rolled out pricing and preorders for the Surface tablet and the device is apparently enjoying a terrific success.
The 32 GB version without a Black Touch Cover is already sold out, so shipments have been pushed back three weeks, Microsoft mentions on its official website.
This is the cheapest Surface version for sale, with a price of $499 (€380), so if you wish to get the Microsoft tablet on October 26, you have to pay either $599 (€460) for the 32 GB flavor with a Black Touch Cover or $699 (€535) for the 64 GB with the same cover.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-s-32-GB-Surface-Already-Sold-Out-299888.shtml

Microsoft-s-32-GB-Surface-Already-Sold-Out-2.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good to hear. :D

I'm waiting for the Surface with Windows 8 prices, though I have a feeling we're going to get ripped off.

Edit: RT vs 8. Can't decide. :huh:

[attachment=2501]

Windows RT also includes some different features:
  • Windows Update and Windows Defender are always on and up to date making your PC more secure.
  • Device encryption provides advanced data protection to help keep your information secure.
  • The PC can turn on instantly with connected standby.
  • Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview is preinstalled.

Some features aren't included in Windows RT:
  • Windows Media Player
  • Windows Media Center
  • HomeGroup creation (you can join an existing HomeGroup but you can't create a new one)
  • Domain join

Although you can install apps directly from the Windows Store, you can't install apps on the desktop on Windows RT.

MS Store | UK

Attachments

• rt.PNG
    rt.PNG
    110.4 KB · Views: 343

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
surface is not coming here yet till then I will be enjoying win8 pro in my laptop :D....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For those who won't be buying Surface for Windows RT/8:

Surface is more than just the software OS, just like the iPad it's the hardware experience too and what you can do with it. Well that's my opinion anyway. :D

But the chances are I'll still be using my current laptop with Windows 7 for another couple of years. :p

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Earth said:
For those who won't be buying Surface for Windows RT/8:

Surface is more than just the software OS, just like the iPad it's the hardware experience too and what you can do with it. Well that's my opinion anyway. :D

But the chances are I'll still be using my current laptop with Windows 7 for another couple of years. :p

totally agreed!!! :) Ok here comes new video...

Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft Surface in a Two-Minute Video

Last edited by a moderator:

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Apple now hehe.

for the sneak peek of a rumored ipad mini that is set to unveil in October 23rd :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.