Microsoft adds consent phishing protection to Office 365

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Microsoft announced that consent phishing protections including OAuth app publisher verification and app consent policies are now generally available in Office 365.

These protections are designed to defend Office 365 users from an application-based phishing attack variant known as consent phishing.
In this type of phishing attack, targets are tricked into providing access to their Office 365 accounts by granting permissions to malicious Office 365 OAuth apps (web apps attackers register with an OAuth 2.0 provider).
Microsoft says that it's rolling out three updates designed to bolster the security of the Office 365 app ecosystem including:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have a 365 licence but it only resides on my other half's lappy as she needs it for work - Use SoftMaker on this PC, for several reasons one is I can actually remove SoftMaker unlike MS 365 ;);)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.