Bing rebrand to 'Microsoft Bing', New Logo

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Bing appears to be in for a rebrand that will make Microsoft's role in it much more front-and-center. Some Bing users are currently seeing the Bing logo replaced with one that says "Microsoft Bing" and includes Microsoft's main company logo. It seems this is an A/B test right now, meaning it hasn't rolled out to everyone.

Bing is already widely known as a Microsoft property, but Microsoft's name has never appeared as part of its main branding. This switch would make it much mor evident. The timing is also interesting because it comes months after Microsoft began testing a new, curvier Bing logo.

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
That's the move that will change everything. Google has now 92% of market share globally as search engine and Bing 2%. After this renaming , by putting in evidence the word Microsoft, and after the logo redesign, I'm confident that it won't take Microsoft more than a year to revert the results: Microsoft Bing 92%, Google 2% . They got it finally right: people were not aware that Bing belonged to Microsoft. That was the problem ! Tough times to come for Google.:LOL:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Seen the change today.

1599745945310.png

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Most of the populace believe Google is the WWW & there is nothing else - I don't use Google search, & avoid Google the degree I can - My daughter in law called in today and needed to use this computer, she is very bright but it took ten mins to explain that there are alternatives to Google, I'm not sure how much went in - MS need to do a huge advertising campaign if they want to keep Bing alive - They have succeeded with new Edge to a large degree?

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
Most of the populace believe Google is the WWW & there is nothing else - I don't use Google search, & avoid Google the degree I can - My daughter in law called in today and needed to use this computer, she is very bright but it took ten mins to explain that there are alternatives to Google, I'm not sure how much went in - MS need to do a huge advertising campaign if they want to keep Bing alive - They have succeeded with new Edge to a large degree?
Your daughter in law makes me feel so old. There was a time when there's this thing called Alta Vista...

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I want to like Bing as I get fed up with the Google Change of Policy or please sign-in pop-ups. Time to try again and or use duckduckgo :) I think I just need to get to the layout of the results.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My acquaintance was searching for 'bing' on Google.🧐:oops:

I like bing because it hits rare information that can't be found on Google.
Basically, Microsoft is a software company and Google is a service provider. I think this difference has a big impact on share.
I think the name 'Microsoft Online Search' and the simple logo of the window and magnifying glass would have been fine. Anyway, you should take advantage of the name recognition of Microsoft and Windows.
being of bing:)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I like previous one more, anyways I ain't gonna use Bing.
I have the same relationship with Bing. Before I started to use DuckDuck go, I tried to give Bing a try, and I could never find what I was looking for. Only the obvious big news. Googles engine is great, but I like to use it with DuckDuck go. They are a little to nosy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have the same relationship with Bing. Before I started to use DuckDuck go, I tried to give Bing a try, and I could never find what I was looking for. Only the obvious big news. Googles engine is great, but I like to use it with DuckDuck go. They are a little to nosy.
DDG uses Bing and other sources. You can try the bang syntax, to get sent to Google.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cortex and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.