Microsoft confirms no more Windows 10 feature updates in 2016; two coming in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Microsoft confirms no more Windows 10 feature updates in 2016; two coming in 2017

Microsoft published a TechNet blog post on Tuesday regarding what's new in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. In the article, the company confirmed that it has two feature updates planned for 2017, but no more for this year.

Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.

The news is right in line with current rumors. Tuesday's Anniversary Update would be the one feature update for this year, and Redstone 2 - the codename for the next major Windows 10 update - isn't slated to arrive until April 2017. Redstone 3 is rumored as well, but without any release timing, so with today's news, it's presumably late 2017.

It's also in line with what Microsoft has already said. Back in May, the firm said that it would be pushing two feature updates for Windows 10 every year.

The obvious question that you're probably asking is, if Microsoft said that it would release two updates per year, why would the company only release one this year? Well, when Microsoft says the word 'year', it could mean a calendar year, or it could mean a fiscal year, which would be over at the end of June. With that in mind, the firm has released two major updates for Windows 10 every year, and is on pace to do so, even with Redstone 2 coming in April.

Source: TechNet via Redmond Magazine

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Is there any giveaway for internet plan on MT just to update windows
@ravi prakash saini, that is actually an attractive idea!:) We could call it "The Anniversary Surprise Assortment", or perhaps "The 100% Zero Bugs in The Upgrade Giveaway" which would certainly be one I'd hope to come away with!;) :D
BTW, have you performed the upgrade yet?o_O If so, I hope it was smooth & successful!:)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@ravi prakash saini, that is actually an attractive idea!:) We could call it "The Anniversary Surprise Assortment", or perhaps "The 100% Zero Bugs in The Upgrade Giveaway" which would certainly be one I'd hope to come away with!;) :D
BTW, have you performed the upgrade yet?o_O If so, I hope it was smooth & successful!:)
All my issues were download related (stupid internet) lol
I had no issues with software which was my main concern as it applies to my Gaming software, so I am happy.
I did have a very fun time trying to whack Defender in the head lol, It did not want to go away :p

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
I will upgrade tomorrow ,I am using Windows since Windows 95 and have never faced problem in upgrading or updating perhaps windows is scared of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.