Tech News Microsoft considering adding ChatGPT to its Bing Search engine

CyberTech

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Microsoft is considering integrating ChatGPT into its Microsoft Bing search engine in an effort to boost its attractiveness. The plan, first revealed by The Informer, appears to be in early stages at the moment.

The news article, which is unfortunately behind a paywall, cites a person familiar with the plan as its source.

ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI that is created specifically for dialogs. Patrick explained how ChatGPT works here on this site, and you may want to check out the informational article to better understand what it does and does not do.

It is also of interest that extensions are already available that add ChatGPT to search engines. These display content produced by ChatGPT in the search results, but do not alter the classic results returned by the search engine.

Microsoft seems to consider integrating ChatGPT more deeply into Bing. The conversational nature of ChatGPT could help the company better understand user requests, and users of Bing might favor conversational answers over traditional search results.

The report suggests that Microsoft is still evaluating the possibility, as it is considering factors such as the accuracy of results and technical factors. Microsoft could release an initial test version to a small group of Bing users later this year.

The rest

goodjohnjr

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 11, 2018
The rest
Bing does need all the help that it can get, it is surprisingly disappointing from my experiences, even when I have reported issues, like incorrect hours for businesses, months later they are still not fixed; even smaller & newer search engines like Brave Search are better.

goodjohnjr

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 11, 2018
Not their responsibility.

Business owners must use Bing Places to keep their opening hours and information accurate. Bing Places sends regular emails for this.

Interesting, thank you for sharing that, I disagree, I report issues like this to other search engines like Google Search & they fix this. Besides, in my case, it was for a public library, every organization / business / library should not have to sign up for a separate account for that when they have a report feature already to report search issues, and there is no reason you should not be able to use a normal Microsoft account to report issues.

It is their search engine, so they can do what they want, I just disagree, and I think that it is not a good search engine; especially for a big company like Microsoft, so I do not use it, fortunately most people I know do not willingly use it.

Zero Knowledge

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
A dry observation from one of my favorite Twit people:

Priorities, and all that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

Right on the money. It's insensitive and in poor taste to release that information after so many people got fired.

A little more compassion and empathy wouldn't go astray. No one is denying their right to run their company as they see fit but you can do it the right way.

show-Zi

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
AI search engines can become conversation partners in their spare time. I'm really looking forward to it.
キャプチャ.PNG

Zero Knowledge

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
AI search engines can become conversation partners in their spare time. I'm really looking forward to it.
I think the technology can be used for good. A.I. chat bots that can deal with people who are suicidal or who are going to self-harm could be very useful.

Sure, it's not where the money is in A.I. but it has the chance to do some good with supporting medical services and mental health services.

Arequire

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I hope they wait until GPT-4 is released to integrate it. GPT-3's neat but its utility is severely limited by its inability to learn.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.