Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
I wonder if Smartscreen integration will change, or how it will change, in Windows 10? :emoji_thinking:
I've downloaded it and so far, well at first glance anyways, it looks like the have already built it in to the new browser and seems to work like it does in Edge currently. While it's still very early, I have to say that I like it a lot and will most likely make it main main browser. (y)

Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
For those of you trying it out and want the dark theme that is part of the current version of edge, you can enable it in the flag section.

It's off right now, but if you enable it, it will select which ever theme you are using in Windows 10, so if you are using the dark theme it will select that. I am assuming that this will be enabled by default in the future, but for now you can enable it this way.:)

Also, by default the exenstions go to the new Microsoft extension store, which isn't very big atm, however, there is a setting that you can enable to allow you to install extensions from the Chrome webstore.(y)

Once you enable this setting, just Google search "Chrome Web Store" in the Edge browser and search for your favourite chrome extension and voila, you can now use thing like Ublock Origin, etc...:)(y)

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 13
Verified
For those of you trying it out and want the dark theme that is part of the current version of edge, you can enable it in the flag section. View attachment 212171

It's off right now, but if you enable it, it will select which ever theme you are using in Windows 10, so if you are using the dark theme it will select that. I am assuming that this will be enabled by default in the future, but for now you can enable it this way.:)

Also, by default the exenstions go to the new Microsoft extension store, which isn't very big atm, however, there is a setting that you can enable to allow you to install extensions from the Chrome webstore.(y)

View attachment 212173

Once you enable this setting, just Google search "Chrome Web Store" in the Edge browser and search for your favourite chrome extension and voila, you can now use thing like Ublock Origin, etc...:)(y)
Didnt know the dark mode, thanks for this! Well, what i can say. I use the "new" Edge since the first link came public. It opens faster than any other browser, it load the pages faster than any other browser and it just feels quit nice overall. the options are way better handled here too and it just looks better overall. Realy impressive what ms did with the first beta release. Im impressed.

Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Didnt know the dark mode, thanks for this! Well, what i can say. I use the "new" Edge since the first link came public. It opens faster than any other browser, it load the pages faster than any other browser and it just feels quit nice overall. the options are way better handled here too and it just looks better overall. Realy impressive what ms did with the first beta release. Im impressed.
Same here.

One of the things that I like the most is that they took settings and brought them to the fore front and made them quite obvious, where as in Chrome and other Chromium browsers they are burried under the advamced settings. Like I said, it's still early, but I seriously think MS is going to give Chrome a serious run for its money, as you can tell they are really thinking things through and aren't just copying Chromium and putting their logo and a few minor cosmetic things on top.

Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Can Windows Defender Browser Protection extension be installed on new Edge-ium, or is it blocked since it's already integrated?
I haven't tested it, but I am assuming it can be installed. Whether or not it will remain this way once it's offically release I'm not sure. My feeling is that MS may potentially block it's installation down the road, or it won't be visiable on the Chrome web store if you are searching for it through the new Edge browser.

It can be installed, no warning, but why?
Smartscreen is already built-in:

View attachment 212220
Thanks for confirming this!

I'm not sure if this will be like this once it's offically released. My guess is that they may eventually block it on this browser, but who knows. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

OMG it has chrome flags? Ok Microsoft. You win.
I have to admit, they are doing a fairly good job with this browser. It may actually be the one that may pull people away from Chrome.