Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 20
Verified
Microsoft Edge is ready for business:
The next version of Microsoft Edge is ready for enterprise evaluation. Download offline installers, check out admin policies and try out Internet Explorer mode today.

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Currently only using Edge-chromium tracking in strict, no other adblocker, They had emailed me that they would implement two old Edge features (blank new tab and delete history and cache when browser exits). I like the way Brave has implemented clean history at Exit (you can choose what to clear like with normal advanced history delete of Chrome).

When they implement that I might de-install chrome extensions blank new tab and auto history wipe, WHEN I am keeping M$ tracking protection. Adding exceptions is still a bit clunky (both the user interface and the limited block-allow option on domain). Edge-chromium feels as an improved Chrome. Wonder how long the free ad-supported internet model will exists, since people under 30 don't mind paying for services as much as the 30-40 year old' s who grew up with the free internet.

With all those adblockers and alternative browsers with build in adblockers, Google has to come up with something different to maintain their ad driven business model.

I am using M$ internal tracking protection on STRICT, using uMatrix on demand (iOn click) in soft 3P-blocking mode. To enable 3P blocking, just click on uMatrix icon and reload. uMatrix uses zero CPU on websites where you don't use the on-demand (on click).

1563472144478.png

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 20
Verified
Dev channel build 77.0.218.4 is live:
Hello Insiders! Today we released build 77.0.218.4 to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel. We’ve got some new features, many of which you’ve seen over the past week in Canary and have been eagerly waiting for in Dev. Additionally, we have now turned on several new languages on the insider website and added an Enterprise page with offline installer and policy samples. We’ve also fixed quite a few reliability and behavior issues, the most significant of which include:

New features and behavior:
  • Added more strings to the translation work
  • Prevent IE-Mode in Application Guard containers
  • Ability to set text size and background theme in Reading View is now under flag.
  • Ability to use dark mode on downlevel Windows versions 7, 8 & 8.1
  • Search box now clears content with Esc or “x” button
Fixes for improved reliability:
  • Fixed a crash on Extensions page.
  • Fixed a crash in API keys
  • Fixed a crash while opening PDFs
  • Fix crash in Sync service
  • Fix crash due to cached call in renderer
  • Fix deadlock in Windows, where Microsoft Edge blocks shutdown.
  • Fix crash in JSON parser
Fixes for improved behavior:
  • Fix preventing URL redirection in Application Guard.
  • Fix to prevent creation of database until needed (performance)
  • Subpage headers display the number of search results.
  • Fix to close Profile UI on sign-in
  • Dev Tools support using OS theme color on Windows 10
  • Fix color contrast for selected favorites
  • Fixed Copy / Paste keyboard shortcuts on macOS
  • Fix for z-order on history page
  • Fixed transparency issue on First Run Experience
  • Strengthened launching logic for PDF to specified file names and paths
  • Fix to show FavIcons in Favorites management page.
  • Fix for account removal in Identity
  • Fix for sign-in where account pop-up was not topmost window.
  • Fix for data imports from Chrome and Edge during First Run experience.

silversurfer

Level 50
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
The latest version of Microsoft Edge Canary comes with a new feature to enhance privacy in the browser, allowing users to choose what data to remove when closing the app.

As revealed on reddit by Leopeva64, Microsoft Edge Canary 77.0.222.0 adds a new option in the privacy settings screen to let users configure the information that should be cleared automatically every time the browser is closed.

If you’re interested in not leaving any traces or you’re using a shared computer and don’t want your history to be left behind, this feature certainly comes in handy, especially because it allows you to configure exactly the data that would be removed.

The new option is available under Settings > Privacy and services > Clear browsing data. It is called “Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.”

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Today my extensions were corrupted once again and i couldnt install them from microsoft store anymore

Well i did grab them from google webstore, and took netcraft & bitdefender trafficlight as plus

Some minor bug, gonna report it to microsoft

ps. aswell the ublock origin from microsoft store is 1.20.0 still and the newest build on chrome webstore is already at 1.21.6

oldschool

Level 32
Verified
Good news, I asked for an automatic deletion of browsing data when closing the Edge-cromium and this is what they emailed today.

View attachment 217285

NB. I also asked for a blank new page option (only using URL addres bar for search), so fingers crossed
I received two responses from M$. The first re: clearing browsing data on exit, and the second re: not including an adblocker or making it optional. Kudos to the Edge Team!

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Why is the default new-tab page search showing me ads now and then, i myself use duckduckgo as address bar search engine, wich wont show any ads...but the bing search on new tab page sometimes does this. i seriously have some family members wich always tend to click first link of search, wich usually is the ad one
ads123.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 20
Verified
Build 77.0.223.0 has been released to the Dev channel:

Hello insiders! Today we published build 77.0.223.0 to the Dev channel. This build contains a number of fixes and improvements, the most notable of which is a new feature to clear browsing data on exit. You can find this option in settings under "Privacy and services". Some of the other changes are listed below. Please let us know if you experience any issues with the update, and thanks for being an insider!

Fixes and improvements in 77.0.223.0:

• Fixed an issue which was preventing Hulu playback for some users. Hulu would not play on a supported monitor if there was a second unsupported monitor attached.
  • The user interface now uses Windows system settings and colors for high contrast.
  • When importing your data from other browsers in profile settings, a new option to import cookies is available.
  • Website permissions like access to location and devices are now migrated from the current version of Microsoft Edge when you install an insider channel.
  • When Microsoft Defender SmartScreen identifies a malicious site, if you open the site information flyout from the left side of the address box you will see new options to "Report as safe" and "Show unsafe content".
  • SmartScreen protection is now built-in on macOS, and the SmartScreen extension has been disabled.
  • The option to disable SmartScreen is no longer available in guest mode.
  • In response to feedback, we increased the width of pinned tabs to make them easier to see and click.
  • The ability to export passwords to a CSV file has been restored.
  • Updated the error messages seen when the PDF reader is disabled in site permissions. Different errors are now shown for local files versus web files, and the messages offer a quick link to the setting.
  • In the download page, canceled downloads are now shown with gray color and strikethrough title.
  • You can now use spacebar to choose items in menus, in addition to the enter key.
  • When opening a menu with the keyboard, the first item in the menu is now selected by default.

Thanks! -David

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Have you set address bar search engine as DDG? Settings > Privacy and Services > scroll to bottom of the page > mange search engines.

Or have I misunderstood your question? :emoji_thinking:
i do, duckduckgo will be my search engine when i type searches right to the adress bar

But when i open new tab > microsoft search page > ads
But eventually those ads gets away after restarting browser, but i have no idea why that happens sometimes

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 20
Verified
i do, duckduckgo will be my search engine when i type searches right to the adress bar

But when i open new tab > microsoft search page > ads
But eventually those ads gets away after restarting browser, but i have no idea why that happens sometimes
I have the same issue with the new Twitter layout.
When refreshing the page (F5) the ads go away.
Tested with uBlock Origin (from MS store) and AdGuard (from chrome store).

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
I have the same issue with the new Twitter layout.
When refreshing the page (F5) the ads go away.
Tested with uBlock Origin (from MS store) and AdGuard (from chrome store).
If i remember correct, it happened with opera aswell...but its not a major problem anyways

What ive noticed on chromedge so far is that google chrome will not load some frames/images correctly with lazy image/frame loading :/flag

And edge works with these two :/flags enabled without problems (y) its 75 chromium vs 77 thought