Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
Today my extensions were corrupted once again and i couldnt install them from microsoft store anymore

Well i did grab them from google webstore, and took netcraft & bitdefender trafficlight as plus

Some minor bug, gonna report it to microsoft

ps. aswell the ublock origin from microsoft store is 1.20.0 still and the newest build on chrome webstore is already at 1.21.6
I couldn't install extension from the Microsoft store because of the flag "Block unsafe downloads over insecure connections".
After resetting this flag to it's default the problem was gone.

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
If i remember correct, it happened with opera aswell...but its not a major problem anyways

What ive noticed on chromedge so far is that google chrome will not load some frames/images correctly with lazy image/frame loading :/flag

And edge works with these two :/flags enabled without problems (y) its 75 chromium vs 77 thought
I had noticed something similar without getting a grip on what was the cause, set to default again THX (y)

Telos

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
This build contains a number of fixes and improvements, the most notable of which is a new feature to clear browsing data on exit.
This doesn't work well for me. Under site permissions, I whitelisted malwaretips.com cookies ("allow") so that I don't have to repeatedly log in to this site. When I manually clear browsing data (all) the malwaretips.com cookies remain, while others are deleted. Good!

I thought this new feature would work similarly, Instead, it deletes all cookies, so again I must log in here to post and track followed threads. Bad!

Have I misunderstood the purpose of this feature (I reported this behavior as unwanted to the Dev team)?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
Dev channel update to 77.0.230.2 is live:
Hello insiders! Today we released build 77.0.230.2 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel. There were quite a few fixes and additions this week that we believe are significant enough to mention:

New features and behavior:

• Added the ability to mark up screenshots with ink.
  • Prevented extensions that are banned from the Chrome extensions store from being installed.
  • Added messaging to better help users for some cases when Internet Explorer mode fails to start.
  • Added the ability to import settings from the original version of Edge.
  • Added additional text to identify when a window is InPrivate or Guest.

Fixes for improved reliability and stability:

• Fixed a crash when pressing Tab.
  • Fixed a crash when pressing F6.
  • Fixed an issue where the Downloads page sometimes didn’t render.
  • Fixed an issue where Netflix was slow when playing 4K video.
  • Fixed a crash when installing extensions.
  • Fixed a hang when playing certain types of videos.
  • Fixed some hangs when opening Application Guard windows.
  • Fixed an issue where the popup blocker would sometimes fail to work in Internet Explorer mode.
  • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes fails to start properly.
  • Fixed some issues where opening certain PDF files sometimes failed.

Fixes for improved behavior:

• Fixed an issue where SafeSearch couldn’t be turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF didn’t work.
  • Fixed an issue where the Apps page occasionally shows duplicate entries.
  • Fixed an issue where languages were getting added to edge://settings/languages when they shouldn’t have been.
  • Fixed an issue where PDF form fields sometimes don’t appear properly.
  • Fixed an issue where tab icons are occasionally the wrong color.
  • Fixed an issue where address bar icons are occasionally the wrong color.
  • Fixed an issue where certain icons weren’t displaying correctly in certain countries.
  • Fixed an issue where the correct start page wasn’t appearing in some countries.
  • Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes didn’t display in the proper language.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
Hello insiders! Today we released build 77.0.235.4 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel. This will be the last version with the major number 77, which means that this release puts us in sync with what’s in Chrome’s 77 release. As such, there were quite a few fixes and features this week that we believe are significant enough to mention:

New features and behavior:

Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.

Fixes for improved reliability:

Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.

Fixes for improved behavior:

Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions!