plat1098

Level 9
Verified
So, if it's any reassurance, here's the same deal like in this snip: The machine just got a clean-install with Edge.dev freshly installed earlier today.
edgedevbd.PNG
I went to Bitdefender's site and got it from there. It accessed the Chrome store and successfully installed. I then removed it, just wanted to see if it would go thru.

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
So, if it's any reassurance, here's the same deal like in this snip: The machine just got a clean-install with Edge.dev freshly installed earlier today.
I went to Bitdefender's site and got it from there. It accessed the Chrome store and successfully installed. I then removed it, just wanted to see if it would go thru.
Yep, I get the same message. I got all my other extensions back but not this one. Head scratch!

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
@plat1098 - I had done the same as you earlier today @ Bitdefender site and still couldn't get it. Tried it again just now and Bingo, I got it back! Thanks for checking or I would have given up ... ... until it started bugging my OCD again! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm convinced that Edge is still a bit buggy, all the same. e.g. the auto sign-in setting. I have it set to not sign me in automatically and it still does.

Andy Ful

Level 48
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Hallelujah, I found a fix! I just removed H_C Recommended FW rules and now I can load extensions from Chrome Web Store.

@Andy Ful please take note.
Are you sure that it was the FirewallHardening issue.?:emoji_thinking:
I have the same problem without any FirewallHardening rules. From the above links, it follows that it is Edge Chromium issue (from ver. 78.0.244.0) which has been solved in the current Canary build and will be solved in the next Dev build.:giggle:

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
Are you sure that it was the FirewallHardening issue.?:emoji_thinking:
I have the same problem without any FirewallHardening rules. From the above links, it follows that it is Edge Chromium issue (from ver. 78.0.244.0) which has been solved in the current Canary build and will be solved in the next Dev build.:giggle:
I think it was a fluke of timing as I disabled FW rules right before I found another way that worked = I re-tried @plat1098 solution which I had tried unsuccessfully earlier in the day. M$ must be getting a lot of feedback on this one. I sent several. Oh well, all fixed now, and Edge runs better, i.e. no "pin to task bar" problem anymore.

Andy Ful

Level 48
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I think it was a fluke of timing as I disabled FW rules right before I found another way that worked = I re-tried @plat1098 solution which I had tried unsuccessfully earlier in the day. M$ must be getting a lot of feedback on this one. I sent several. Oh well, all fixed now, and Edge runs better, i.e. no "pin to task bar" problem anymore.
Your issue has motivated me to solve another problem with extensions from Microsoft Store,
related to "Block unsafe downloads over insecure connections" flag.:giggle:

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
Your issue has motivated me to solve another problem with extensions from Microsoft Store,
related to "Block unsafe downloads over insecure connections" flag.:giggle:
I had disabled this flag among other things I had tried. But now I'm having the same issue with Edge on AA. I got one and then the glitches appeared again. They clearly have screwed up something with this recent update.

pablozi

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Stable build leaked again.

SeriousHoax

Level 10
Verified
Malware Tester
Has Edge Dev been updated to 78.0.246.0 yet?

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
I've been having the Chrome webstore extension issues too. It fails to install stating some network error, asks to reload the page, then tells me the extension is already being installed when it's not. Completely clearing the cache helped me get around it but this issue re appeared as quickly as it disappeared. I have reported it, sent logs etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: silversurfer

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
Considering MS are releasing this browser for Mac, And! Considering how much MS keep saying they love Linux. Does anyone know if MS plan to release the new Edge Chromium for Linux Distributions especially Ubuntu, Fedora etc? For me to switch to it as my main browser I will need it to be available on Linux. I'll still use it on Windows but I'll also need chrome installed unless I add a bookmarks manager extension to sync new bookmarks between Edge Chromium and Google Chrome.

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
I'll still use it on Windows but I'll also need chrome installed unless I add a bookmarks manager extension to sync new bookmarks between Edge Chromium and Google Chrome.
You won't need a separate bookmarks manager if you export favorites/bookmarks to HTML, then it's a no-brainer.

Edit: I should add that it may not be the most convenient but it still works. Kind of like cash $$$, still accepted at most locations! And it's old school! (y)

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
You won't need a separate bookmarks manager if you export favorites/bookmarks to HTML, then it's a no-brainer.
I've been doing that but the feature I want is constant automatic sync of my bookmarks. If I use Chrome on any platform and sign in all my bookmarks are there and any new ones are synced when I switch to another platform. So say I'm using Chrome on Windows 10, then login to chrome on Ubuntu everything is already synced for me. That's the reason I'd want a bookmarks manager if Edge Chromium doesn't become available for Linux. Otherwise I'll up exporting and importing my entire bookmarks daily.

oldschool

Level 36
Verified
I've been doing that but the feature I want is constant automatic sync of my bookmarks. If I use Chrome on any platform and sign in all my bookmarks are there and any new ones are synced when I switch to another platform. So say I'm using Chrome on Windows 10, then login to chrome on Ubuntu everything is already synced for me. That's the reason I'd want a bookmarks manager if Edge Chromium doesn't become available for Linux. Otherwise I'll up exporting and importing my entire bookmarks daily.
I knew that was your intent, and syncing is very convenient. I don't need syncing myself but realize many like it. I don't know how/what browsers need to function on Linux but I see many Chromium forks work on different distros. The first thing I'd do is send a request to M$.