Telos

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
This build is wonky for me. I use a web-based spreadsheet (similar to Google Sheets) and when I move to another browser tab and then return to the spreadsheet, all the cell content characters are displayed as flipped upside down. A tab refresh fixes things until I tab away again and return. I didn't see this on Google Sheets. Really freaky.

UPDATE1: A web site "tradingview.com" has stock charts with the months inverted (reported to Edge team),

UPDATE2: It appears that turning off hardware acceleration restores the text to its expected display.
obɐ sɹɐǝʎ ʍǝɟ ɐ ǝnssı sıɥʇ pɐɥ ǝɯoɹɥɔ

Last edited:

hakah

Level 6
oldschool: I have installed Microsoft Edge Beta on my desktlop. Anything else I have to install as well? Is that possible I can install Candy Crush on it too? Thanks for the reply!

plat1098

Level 9
Verified
Wow, is anyone having this issue? The bookmark thumbnails, you know: those 8 blocks, on the homepage--the website's name in text gets mixed up with that of another bookmark. I don't know how it happens so I can't MAKE it happen. Right now, the Malwaretips bookmark has the URL to the site, not the name: Malwaretips. If you click on the thumbnail, it goes to the site with the corresponding icon, not the name of the site in text. I submitted feedback thru the browser interface, they need to fix this. It just started with the latest build 78.0.262.0. Clearing browsing history from last 24 hours resets the whole thing properly but then it recurs down the pike. Anyone have any insights?

edge dev thumbnail mixup.PNG

mt bookmark thumb.PNG

oldschool

Level 35
Verified
oldschool: I have installed Microsoft Edge Beta on my desktlop. Anything else I have to install as well? Is that possible I can install Candy Crush on it too? Thanks for the reply!
No.
Candy Crush? No idea.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@pablozi Thanks for that tip. I've been waiting for a fix for that.

@plat1098 Nope, haven't seen that one yet.

oldschool

Level 35
Verified
I found this flag: Fill passwords on account selection. It must be enabled or Edge Dev will autofill passwords even if you have Settings>Profile>Passwords>Sign in automatically>Off.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why M$ has this setting but it only works if above flag is enabled. Isn't this elementary for all browsers? Only the geniuses at M$ can possibly know.

SpratAttack

Level 1
This build is wonky for me. I use a web-based spreadsheet (similar to Google Sheets) and when I move to another browser tab and then return to the spreadsheet, all the cell content characters are displayed as flipped upside down. A tab refresh fixes things until I tab away again and return. I didn't see this on Google Sheets. Really freaky.

UPDATE1: A web site "tradingview.com" has stock charts with the months inverted (reported to Edge team),

UPDATE2: It appears that turning off hardware acceleration restores the text to its expected display.
I've been getting this today too when using Adobe Spark website. I actually thought it was just a bug on their site because it was only happening to the image was editing.Will try the disabling hardware acceleration. Thanks

silversurfer

Level 52
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
The latest update for Microsoft Edge Canary has brought revamped Settings page which Microsoft demoed at Build 2019 and Media Autoplay Blocker option. Unfortunately, these two are currently being rolled out to users in a controlled manner, means only few can see them at present in Canary version.

pablozi

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Dev channel update to 78.0.268.3

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say that we deployed a new build 78.0.268.3 to the Dev channel today for Windows only. This corrects an issue with our digital signature that prevented Microsoft Edge from working on Windows 10 S and caused some people to see an "unverified publisher" or similar message. There are no other changes in this update.

Thanks! -David

----

Hello insiders, it’s back to normal this week! Today we’re releasing build 78.0.268.1 to the Dev Channel, and we have a significantly smaller change list today. Some of the most noteworthy changes include:

New functionality:

• Added new logging features to feedback submission. If you click the diagnostic data link on the feedback submission popup, you now have the option to attach additional files like screenshots you’ve taken, as well as reproduce the problem to provide more robust logging.
  • Added the ability for Collections items to be reordered with the keyboard.
  • Added a management policy to allow history syncing for work or school accounts.

Improved stability:

• Fixed an issue where favorites weren’t syncing.
  • Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items on certain internal pages like Favorites sometimes causes the item to disappear.
  • Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Improved reliability when signed into the browser with a work or school account.
  • Improved the reliability of starting Application Guard sessions.

Improved behavior:

• Fixed an issue where certain context menu commands for tabs like “Reopen closed tab” went missing.
  • Fixed an issue where webpages installed as apps don’t launch.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to open a PDF in an Application Guard window will fail if there are no other Edge windows open.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser’s profile image sometimes isn’t updated if it’s changed in the backing account.
  • Fixed an issue where tabs with the Find on Page popup open sometimes have the popup closed when they’re moved to different windows.
  • Fixed an issue where opening an app from the Apps page closes the apps page.
  • Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud bar sometimes appears transparent.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to open multiple Collections items in a new window opened each item in a separate window.
  • Fixed an issue where the context menu inside a Collection isn’t dismissed when a new context menu is brought up outside of Collections.
Via: [Updated] Dev channel update to 78.0.268.1 is live

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
Verified
Dev channel update to 78.0.276.2 is live:

Hello insiders, today we’re releasing build 78.0.276.2 to the Dev Channel! We expect this to be the final build for major version 78, so it’s got a lot of fixes in it. Some of the most noteworthy changes include:

New features:

• Added the ability to open all items in a Collection in new tabs.
  • Added dark theme support to edge://components.
  • Added a management policy for importing settings from another browser.

Stability fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Edge failed to update with error “failed to cache the downloaded installer”.
  • Fixed an issue where printing webpages failed because the print preview got stuck while loading.
  • Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping favorites on the favorites management page sometimes leads to a crash.
  • Fixed a crash when using InPrivate.
  • Fixed some crashes when rotating PDFs.
  • Fixed an issue where using keyboard shortcuts when popups are open sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Improved reliability when playing videos protected with DRM.
  • Fixed an issue where Application Guard sessions failed to start.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking webpage controls quickly sometimes crashes the page.
  • Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashes when the OS data collection level is changed.

Improved behavior:

• Fixed an issue where elements of certain web pages sometimes flip upside down when you switch tabs.
  • Fixed an issue where browser UI like the video controls don’t disappear when watching videos on certain sites.
  • Fixed an issue where the top sites tiles on the new tab page display a different website than the one they actually link to.
  • Fixed an issue where translation doesn’t work on certain pages.
  • Fixed an issue where the “translating” message is not shown when a page is translated.
  • Fixed an issue where scrolling using the touchscreen sometimes doesn’t work on certain browser UI.
  • Fixed an issue where the button to close a tab isn’t the correct size or shape.
  • Fixed an issue where the links to apps on the browser’s Apps page open the app twice.
  • Fixed an issue where using shift + enter to start an installed website or app from the Apps page doesn’t work.
  • Fixed an issue where the eye icon to show passwords sometimes appears twice.
  • Improved Tracking Prevention performance when extensions like ad blockers are installed.
  • Fixed an issue where text pasted into a collection is sometimes the wrong color.
  • Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items into a collection sometimes leads to images in the collection disappearing.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where dragging and dropping an image into a collection sometimes saves a link instead of an image.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where using the scrubber to move through a full-screen video doesn’t move the time properly.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where some buttons don’t change state when the browser loses focus.
  • Fixed an issue in some locales where certain settings aren’t translated.
  • Fixed some unlocalized strings in the F12 Dev Tools.

Removed features:

• Fixed an issue where the webpage favicon and the loading spinner appear at the same time.
  • Temporarily disabled with a feature flag the cards with website info that appear when hovering over a tab.
  • Removed the ability to import favorites inside an Application Guard session.

As always, we appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions!

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Currently using google chrome for banking, it still has :/flag > disable > https indicators > easier to see that site is safe

but for other browsing im using edge canary, and just noticed some changes on chromium 79

- https indicator flag is gone wich is disappointment
- block insecure downloads over unsecure connections flag is replaced by ;

>Treat risky downloads over insecure connections as active mixed content

- Disallows downloads of unsafe files (files that can potentially execute code), where the final download origin or any origin in the redirect chain is insecure if the originating page is secure. – Mac, Windows

And since this flag exist currently, the advanced download protection is removed, wich could block NOT digitally signed files ( that google is planning to use on their enterprise browsers)

Well see wich stance microsoft is going to have with advanced download protection

edit 1:

Went trought :/flags and found this:

- Secure DNS lookups

Enables DNS over HTTPS. When this feature is enabled, your browser may try to use a secure HTTPS connection to look up the addresses of websites and other web resources. – Mac, Windows

Last edited:

Telos

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
When I attempt to log in to Paypal with Edge Chromium Dev, my email (the first login page) doesn't go through and I get a response "Try entering the code again.". I tried using inPrivate window thinking this would evade extension conflicts, but no good. Then I disabled all extensions and still no good.

Any ideas of a setting/flag that may be interfering? I have no issues with Chrome/Firefox/Pale Moon.

Reactions: oldschool