BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Hallelujah! Apparently not everywhere. I just checked. Same goes for individual features in any channel - not everyone gets them. I'm OK with Dev channel for now but will keep checking for the Beta.
You can download it from Majorgeeks if you want

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Could you post exact link please? or replace HTTPS with HXXP? Does not show up.
Inside the zip file, you have dev, canary and beta installers.

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Found 1st annoyance with Chromium Edge. Its in there in EdgeHTML version too. Anyone knows how to disable this thing: I don't know what its even called so google search was useless. Appears whenever you change volume, I only want volume bar not that huge black menu with play, previous, next. Considering how much I keep changing volume while watching videos, its a huge annoyance for me.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Found 1st annoyance with Chromium Edge. Its in there in EdgeHTML version too. Anyone knows how to disable this thing: I don't know what its even called so google search was useless. Appears whenever you change volume, I only want volume bar not that huge black menu with play, previous, next. Considering how much I keep changing volume while watching videos, its a huge annoyance for me.
Does changing
Edge://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting
options help you anyhow?

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Does changing
Edge://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting
options help you anyhow?
That option isn't there for me in beta Bora. Another thing, it also happens on Windows movies & tv app.

Did a little research. That small volume bar is called volume osd, don't know what that stupid big play/pause box is called. Found 1 app that can disable it and another that can customize it to solve issues. However, both must be run in background to work. End the process and they don't work...
If you left edge left running in background and example play offline music in music player, this big box appears even if you're controlling volume for your music player and not Edge...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Did a little research. That small volume bar is called volume osd, don't know what that stupid big play/pause box is called. Found 1 app that can disable it and another that can customize it to solve issues. However, both must be run in background to work. End the process and they don't work...
If you left edge left running in background and example play offline music in music player, this big box appears even if you're controlling volume for your music player and not Edge...
Windows version? So I can try reproducing it...
(Another reason why I made the right choice removing all the apps from W10, except Photos and Mail Apps)

rockstarrocks

Level 18
Verified
You can download it from Majorgeeks if you want
Thanks Bora.
After downloading installer I had to use vpn cause it showed an network error and refuses to download the setup files w/o it.