I tried but couldn't get it to work? How's it done please?
The latest Canary version of Microsoft’s Chromium-based browser brings some welcome improvements, including a dark theme that no longer requires manual activation from the flags screen.
Here's the full list of improvements:
- Added a "Copy download link" option to the menu for a downloaded item
- The context menu for a canceled download no longer shows a list of disabled items, and instead shows only "Copy download link"
- Added a "Save as" option to the toolbar in the PDF viewer
- The "Add to dictionary" context menu option for a misspelled word now has an icon
- For quick links on the new tab page, if there is no site icon available we now show an icon created from the first letter of the site
- Increased the size of some text on the user profile flyout for readability
- When a tab is at minimum width and only shows the close button, that close button is now centered in the tab
- In the Apps submenu, an option now reads "Install this site as an app" instead of showing a really long menu item name that contained the title of the current site
- When using the keyboard to move through tabs, you can now press enter and not just space to switch tab
Nope! But I notice that Edge Dev uses ~5% CPU. Neither old Edge nor Brave use this much. Anyone else notice this? or do I have coin miner?I have experienced a bug in the last two builds where Edge will freeze in a black screen while replaying videos in some sites. Anyone else experiencing this?
On my I7 notebooke it stays around 5.1 to 5.2%. I would say being an unfinished development version with a lot of telemetry it is normal. Anyway I basically don't feel the system any heavier when it's running.Nope! But I notice that Edge Dev uses ~5% CPU. Neither old Edge nor Brave use this much. Anyone else notice this? or do I have coin miner?
Yes, both of your points are well-taken.On my I7 notebooke it stays around 5.1 to 5.2%. I would say being an unfinished development version with a lot of telemetry it is normal. Anyway I basically don't feel the system any heavier when it's running.
Microsoft Releases New Microsoft Edge Browser Update, Pulls It Due to Major BugEdge Dev 126.96.36.199 Full Changelog:
- The built-in translator has now rolled out to everyone. We’d appreciate it if you’d let us know how it works on your sites in your language. Just use the send feedback smiley button.
- Dark mode, which many of you have enabled manually via a configuration flag, is now on by default for everyone. To see Microsoft Edge in dark mode, you will need to change your Windows or macOS system settings.
- Keyword search for the address bar is now enabled. When you begin to type the “keyword” for a search engine into the address bar, you will be reminded that you can press tab to search using that engine. You can also type the entire keyword and press space to enter keyword search mode. If you continue typing and press enter, you will navigate directly to search results for that search engine. You may also see search suggestions from that engine as you type. Keyword search is available for all search engines you install or which are automatically detected for you as you browse. To manage search engines, open Settings, then Privacy and services, then Address bar, then Manage search engines. Here you can add or delete search engines AND customize the keyword used for them.
Some other improvements:
- Added a “Close Microsoft Edge” option in the “Settings and more” menu
- Improved dark theme support in Browser Task Manager
- You can now tab to address bar icons which indicate blocked site permissions
- Apps now appear in the same order on the apps menu and the apps page
- Updated the keyboard focus rectangle so that it’s more clearly visible
Some of the bug fixes in this release include:
- Fixed an issue that was causing high CPU usage while the browser was idle.
- Fixed an issue where extensions couldn’t alter video playback speed.
- On the download page, individual download cards no longer change height as you tab through them.
- Removed the “Unknown” option from the language dropdown menu in the translator
- Fixed an issue where encrypted video only appears as a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on menu items sometimes doesn’t do anything.
- Fixed a crash when enabling sync.
- Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings page crashes due to a corrupted user profile.
- Fixed a crash when opening Settings while in a guest browsing session
After update it failed to start. Even tried reinstall no effect. I thought it was just me.