Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
In 2019, it seems the only big browser issue is the malicious scripts running on compromised websites, and unfortunately, neither Chrome nor Edge can help us, unless we disable javascript, which can be done on both browsers.
Malicious scripts? Scripts are contained in the AppContainer sandbox and can do no harm (except user invoked stuff). They are only capable of breaking out of the AppContainer sandbox when they use (unknown) exploits and vulnabilities and there is where the stuff I mentioned comes in.

shmu26

Level 81
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malicious scripts? Scripts are contained in the AppContainer sandbox and can do no harm (except user invoked stuff). They are only capable of breaking out of the AppContainer sandbox when they use (unknown) exploits and vulnabilities and there is where the stuff I mentioned comes in.
I meant the kind of script that runs on the website itself, and steals credit card details after you fill them in, without compromising your browser or system.

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Well as rule of thumb only enter credit card info on websites with EV certificate and trust IV/OV cerificates only when they are from a well known organisation or have been certified with a third-party secure shopping seal. DV certificates are the free certificates (I also have on my website) and simply only state that the website is controlled by the party which pays for the website at the hosting company.

Although not offered by a well known organisation, I use Certificate Info extension It tells you what kind of HTTPS certificate is used on a website. I enable it to check a website before buying something online and disable it after i know what certificate is used.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 18
Verified
Well as rule of thumb only enter credit card info on websites with EV certificate and trust IV/OV cerificates only when they are from a well known organisation or have been certified with a third-party secure shopping seal. DV certificates are the free certificates (I also have on my website) and simply only state that the website is controlled by the party which pays for the website at the hosting company.

Although not offered by a well known organisation, I use Certificate Info extension It tells you what kind of HTTPS certificate is used on a website. I enable it to check a website before buying something online and disable it after i know what certificate is used.

View attachment 214330
Good info and nice extension, but why disable it afterwards?

bribon77

Level 26
Verified

View attachment 214330
According to the extension. In MT you can not trust.:unsure::)
slimjet_2019-05-29_10-21-34.png

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
That is not what I said, you should not give financial information on anything less than an EV, and only IV when you know it is a reputable company or the (webshop) has a safe online buying guarantee from an organisation you know. My own website also has a DV cert (I am not asking for creditcard or other financial credentials, neither does MT).

Good info and nice extension, but why disable it afterwards?
I don;t know the company/guy who made it and I am a minimalist, disable what I don't need :)

I use two profiles: one for surfing/searching/socializing and one for banking/booking/buying profile, the latter has this extension together with loose site permissions (while surfing profile has tight site permissions). So it is not really disabled, the user profile is closed and that is the reason the extension is closed also (should have written it down more clearly).

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
Verified
Content Creator
Found 1st annoyance with Chromium Edge. Its in there in EdgeHTML version too. Anyone knows how to disable this thing: I don't know what its even called so google search was useless. Appears whenever you change volume, I only want volume bar not that huge black menu with play, previous, next. Considering how much I keep changing volume while watching videos, its a huge annoyance for me.
Any solution for this found yet in newer beta/canary/dev versions?

Reactions: oldschool

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Found 1st annoyance with Chromium Edge. Its in there in EdgeHTML version too. Anyone knows how to disable this thing: I don't know what its even called so google search was useless. Appears whenever you change volume, I only want volume bar not that huge black menu with play, previous, next. Considering how much I keep changing volume while watching videos, its a huge annoyance for me.
Might be a Windows thing.

Playing a video on Brave browser and Controlling volume with the keyboard on Windows 10 v1903.

Reactions: harlan4096

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
Verified
Content Creator
Might be a Windows thing.

Playing a video on Brave browser and Controlling volume with the keyboard on Windows 10 v1903.
View attachment 214450
Yes a Windows thing. Happens in Movies app too. I'm surprised it exists in Brave. Doesn't happen in Chrome.

Just adjust volume from the task bar? That's what I've always done and no problems.
I can't go more than 5 minutes without changing volumes. Adjusting from taskbar isn't viable when fullscreen with that stupid habit of mine :X3:

Reactions: stefanos