Microsoft Edge settings

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have changed few options of Microsoft Edge.
How can I change default download location in ME?

No need to install Adobe Flash for Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer on Win 10 as AF is already included in Win 10/ME, IE, right?

Reactions: Logethica

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I have changed few options of Microsoft Edge.
How can I change default download location in ME?

No need to install Adobe Flash for Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer on Win 10 as AF is already included in Win 10/ME, IE, right?

Hi,

I am currently using the Edge browser. The default download location is fine for me. However if you want to change the default download location you'll have to go into the registry or edit it. I believe if you are on the pro edition of Windows 10 you can edit the location through the group policy editor.

Yes, Adobe flash is included in Windows 10 and Edge. I however, turn flash player off as I have no need for it as it has tons of exploits and ads use it and all the websites I visit use the HTML5 player! :)

Reactions: Ink
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok, I thought I couldn't find the default download location setting. But there is no such option yet.
I don't want to do registry edit & all.
I will be fine with the default download location for now.

Thanxx for the info.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Ok, I thought I couldn't find the default download location setting. But there is no such option yet.
I don't want to do registry edit & all.
I will be fine with the default download location for now.

Thanxx for the info.

You're welcome.

I've always used the default downloads folder download location on every browser I have used. I usually never saved stuff anywhere else. I can understand that editing the registry can be a daunting task to some users and it's unfortunate that such a option is unavailable in Edge. It seems Edge doesn't ask you where you want it saved like Internet Explorer did, what a shame! :(

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You're welcome.

I've always used the default downloads folder download location on every browser I have used. I usually never saved stuff anywhere else. I can understand that editing the registry can be a daunting task to some users and it's unfortunate that such a option is unavailable in Edge. It seems Edge doesn't ask you where you want it saved like Internet Explorer did, what a shame! :(
Yes Edge doesn't even ask where to save the download.

I always create a folder named "DOWNLOAD" on the desktop, change the icon of the folder & point the download location of all my browsers & download manager to this folder.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Yes Edge doesn't even ask where to save the download.

I always create a folder named "DOWNLOAD" on the desktop, change the icon of the folder & point the download location of all my browsers & download manager to this folder.
I prefer to just use the default downloads folder, I guess I am just simple like that lol.
Hopefully Microsoft might update Edge with that functionality when they release add on support.
One can dream! :rolleyes:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can move the Location of the default Download folder, by modifying it's target location from File Explorer.

Open File Explorer > This PC > Downloads > Right-click and Properties > Location (tab) > Move (button) > "Select a Destination" and Select Folder (to confirm) > Apply and OK (button)

You may be asked if you want to move all files to the new location.

upload_2015-8-13_14-57-9.png

This will become your default location, for any web browser you use.

In the Advanced Settings, you can toggle ON/OFF to use Adobe Flash Player. Similar to Windows 8/8.1, Adobe Flash Player comes with the OS, so with it's security updates are pushed via Windows Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.