Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
20110328-bpcltiwie-image17_610x289.png

After some real-world tests, Microsoft has concluded IE9 is the most energy-efficient of the major browsers on the market.

Microsoft compared its new browser with Opera 11, Firefox 4, Chrome 10, and Safari 5 on an Intel laptop, measuring how many watts the machine consumed with the browser idling, showing a news site, and running graphics-intensive Web tests.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20048231-264.html?tag=rb_content;main

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
After some real-world tests, Microsoft has concluded IE9 is the most energy-efficient of the major browsers on the market.
:lolz:
Come on Microsoft........can't you at least pay a "independent" company to publish this results?

G

Guest28

Wow, this is surprising to me i would have thought chrome or Firefox would have a better energy saver than IE :(

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I would rather let my browser use some more Watt than being hacked through IE that uses less Watt.

G

Guest28

Same here Valentinchen I rather safety than a few bucks out of my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.