• No

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Total voters

Nevi

Level 7
Verified
@Nevi Since Appguard is no realtime AV Microsoft just wanted you to be save with atleast one realtime AV running *hides fast* :D
How do you mean "no realtime"? It do have a very effective real time shield?
But it's the same if you try to use any other non Windows antivirus solution. At one point I was running Voodooshield pro, and there I felt no need for the WD either. It seems at one point it was possible to shut off WD, but then something happened and it became a real problem to do it. But I can see there seemingly are some apps you can use now, so you can do it with one click. 🥳

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
How do you mean "no realtime"? It do have a very effective real time shield?
But it's the same if you try to use any other non Windows antivirus solution. At one point I was running Voodooshield pro, and there I felt no need for the WD either. It seems at one point it was possible to shut off WD, but then something happened and it became a real problem to do it. But I can see there seemingly are some apps you can use now, so you can do it with one click. 🥳
Appguard is not an antivirus. It is an additional layer of protection, which is not intended to replace a traditional antivirus. That's why Windows fails to identify it as an AV -- because it isn't one. Same with Voodooshield.
If you want to disable Windows Defender, that's what Group Policy is for.

Nevi

Level 7
Verified
Appguard is not an antivirus. It is an additional layer of protection, which is not intended to replace a traditional antivirus. That's why Windows fails to identify it as an AV -- because it isn't one. Same with Voodooshield.
If you want to disable Windows Defender, that's what Group Policy is for.
Ya I know. But my problem is I don't use the Windows pro version. Home dont have group policy.:)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Ya I know. But my problem is I don't use the Windows pro version. Home dont have group policy.:)
If your conscience lets you, you can buy an upgrade to pro on ebay for a ridiculously low price. You can even buy a pro or enterprise license for a few dollars. the licenses work. Admittedly, the legality of this type of a deal falls in a grey area, but ebay is a legitimate vendor, so you won't get in trouble, and neither will they.

security123

Level 28
Verified
If your conscience lets you, you can buy an upgrade to pro on ebay for a ridiculously low price. You can even buy a pro or enterprise license for a few dollars. the licenses work. Admittedly, the legality of this type of a deal falls in a grey area, but ebay is a legitimate vendor, so you won't get in trouble, and neither will they.
These licences aren't legal and can be blocked at any time.
Also if only group policy is the reason for pro, that can be solved easily with just activating group policy in home

Nevi

Level 7
Verified
It's funny we get to talk about this right now. The last week I have been thinking of going pro, also because I know can do it so cheap.
But actually I dont have a problem right now.My posts was more generel.
It has been a nuisance for me a long time. :)

Nevi

Level 7
Verified
Also if only group policy is the reason for pro, that can be solved easily with just activating group policy in home
If I do it, I probably go pro, but thanks for the suggestion.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
The Windows 10 licences will not be blocked, ever. Once the machine is activated, MS does no further checks. It is theoretically possible that with Windows 7 or earlier, the license will be blocked at a later time, but practically speaking, that won't happen, because MS is not supporting them anymore. No updates = no problems.

The ebay office 365 licenses are more risky. My experience was the onedrive account got closed after a while, but the office license itself lived on.

Local Host

Level 23
Verified
The Windows 10 licences will not be blocked, ever. Once the machine is activated, MS does no further checks. It is theoretically possible that with Windows 7 or earlier, the license will be blocked at a later time, but practically speaking, that won't happen, because MS is not supporting them anymore. No updates = no problems.

The ebay office 365 licenses are more risky. My experience was the onedrive account got closed after a while, but the office license itself lived on.
Microsoft does have further checks on licenses, and can/will blacklist KEYs.

Obviously they mostly focused on companies not paying their dues, but they may end up catching people using licenses they shouldn't.

When this happens you get this warning, means the license was blacklisted and you no longer entitled,
1598023020613.png

Spider

Level 1
Hello, perhaps I am sounding stupid, but will third party AV(such as Bitdefender)still be able to shut Windows Defender down?:confused: