Read more: Microsoft October Patch Tuesday fixes 87 bugs, six publicly disclosedToday is Microsoft's October 2020 Patch Tuesday, and your Windows administrators will be pulling their hair out as they install new updates and try to fix bugs that pop up.
Of the 87 vulnerabilities fixed today, 12 are classified as Critical, and 74 are classified as Important, and one as moderate.
This month's Patch Tuesday security updates include a whopping six publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. The good news is that Microsoft states that none of them have been seen publicly exploited.
One of the vulnerabilities, CVE-2020-16938, was found by security researcher Jonas L, who recently began disclosing vulnerabilities on Twitter after being frustrated by Microsoft's bounty program.
Microsoft has not disclosed who found the other five vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2020-16938 - Windows Kernel Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-16885 - Windows Storage VSP Driver Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-16901 - Windows Kernel Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-16908 - Windows Setup Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-16909 - Windows Error Reporting Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-16937 - .NET Framework Information Disclosure Vulnerability