Microsoft Offers Free Xbox 360s! (With Purchase of PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In a promo that’s sure to encourage students to study very hard at their desks and not play their brand new Xbox 360s all semester, Microsoft is reprising last year’s offer of a free 4GB Xbox 360 for students with the purchase of a qualifying Windows PC worth $699 or more (in the U.S.) or $599 of more (in Canada).

Remember, kids: The Xbox 360 is only free if you also go to class and study hard. Otherwise, it’ll cost your parents $30k in wasted tuition, room, and board.

Source

D

Deleted member 178

- In a promo that’s sure to encourage students to study very hard at their desks and not play their brand new Xbox 360s all semester,

OK i they buy a gamer PC , are they elligible...? :D

Remember, kids: The Xbox 360 is only free if you also go to class and study hard. Otherwise, it’ll cost your parents $30k in wasted tuition, room, and board

lol :D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like only US and Canada.

Starting May 20th in the U.S., students who buy a qualifying Windows PC worth $699 or more at participating retailers can get a 4GB Xbox 360 console for free, just like last year! Starting May 18th in Canada, students who buy a Windows PC worth $599 or more can also get a 4GB Xbox 360 console for free!

Participating retailers in the US include Best Buy, Dell.com, Fry’s Electronics, HPDirect.com, Microsoft Stores, and NewEgg.com. In Canada, they include Best Buy, Dell.ca, Future Shop, Staples and The Source.

Main source:
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2012/05/18/students-buy-a-pc-get-an-xbox-360-getanxbox.aspx

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I wish they had this offer here in India. I have never bought a branded pc or laptop. I have assembled pcs and laptops for my use.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
malbky said:
I wish they had this offer here in India. I have never bought a branded pc or laptop. I have assembled pcs and laptops for my use.

I Too wish the offer existed in India :dodgy:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think that this is great. Gives people the option to get an Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.