Security News Microsoft Patches Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player

Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Today Microsoft released the MS17-005 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (4010250), which patches a remote code execution vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player. This update resolves the same vulnerabilities patched by Adobe on February 14th in their APSB17-04 update.

flash-update-KB4010250.png

KB4010250 Flash Player Update
This vulnerability is labeled Critical because it could allow an attacker to remotely execute commands on the vulnerable computer. This could be done by the attacker creating specially crafted scripts on websites that then can execute commands on visiting vulnerable computers to install malware or other unwanted software.

All Windows users should immediately download and install this update to protect themselves.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't use Flash Player but I understand that it is annoying following the updates, however I prefer the quickness of fixing the flaws that the total absence of corrections.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.