Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Microsoft today released yet another cumulative update for Windows 10 PCs that are running the Anniversary Update, bringing the build number to 14393.187. KB3189866 brings a number of improvements.

Today is Patch Tuesday, so the update isn't a surprise. Unfortunately, nothing is available for Windows 10 Mobile yet, even though 14393.105 was offered to the Release Preview and Slow rings last week.

Microsoft has been releasing updates rather frequently for the Anniversary Update since its release, as the last one was only two weeks ago. We found out today that the full rollout for the AU may not be completed until November, so it's clear that the firm wants to get as many bugs squashed as possible before then.

Here's what's new in today's update:

• Improved reliability of Windows Shell, map apps, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge.

• Addressed issue causing push-button reset to not work correctly and roll back on devices with language set to any of the Unicode languages.

• Addressed issue causing devices to crash after disconnecting an e-reader that was attached to the device.

• Addressed issue causing devices to not recognize a Secure Digital (SD) card if it is inserted and removed multiple times.

• Addressed issue causing some apps to not respond to the commands in the app bar in Windows 10 Mobile.

• Addressed issue that sometimes blocks alarm notifications in Windows 10 Mobile.

• Improved support for using the camera app in Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.

• Addressed additional issues with rendering 4K resolution, missing Start menu tiles when running on battery, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Bluetooth compatibility, graphics, display rotation, app compatibility, Wi-Fi, Feedback Hub, Miracast, Windows Shell, revised daylight saving time, and USB.

• Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, and Adobe Flash Player.
Obviously, many don't have the Anniversary Update, but don't worry. Everyone gets a cumulative update today. If you're still on version 1511, build 10586.589 is available. Here's what's new:

• Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, USB, and the .NET framework.

• Addressed issue with the link to "Change my environment variables" in the User Accounts Control Panel not working correctly.

• Addressed issue where a device, which previously had Internet access, has the incorrect time and date after joining a network with no Internet access to SSL servers.

• Addressed issue where someone with a mandatory profile can’t use the Start menu, Cortana, search, and some pre-installed apps.

• Addressed issue where, after installing a package using Windows Installer (MSI), customers can’t run any command line utility unless they restart or sign out and then sign in to their device.

• Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.

• Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.

• Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format from Windows Media Player.

• Addressed additional issues with excessive security logging, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), consumer storage, Add-On List Group Policy Object, mobile broadband, filter drivers, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Media Player, graphics, revised daylight saving time, and Windows Shell.

• Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, Windows SMB Server, Windows kernel, Windows Lock Screen, and Adobe Flash Player.
But wait, there's more. If you're still on the original version of Windows 10, now called 1507, you get build 10240.17113. Here's what's new:

• Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, and Windows Kernel.

• Addressed issue causing print jobs to not complete, when printing multiple documents in succession.

• Addressed issue where recovery of encryption certificates for a virtual smartcard doesn’t work.

• Addressed issue preventing many built-in groups (such as Hyper-V administrators) from being created during setup of new devices using Windows 10 Enterprise.

• Improved support for the Group Policy setting for signing in using a PIN.

• Addressed issue causing links to webpages to display blank pages when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled in Internet Explorer 11.

• Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.

• Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.

• Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format from Windows Media Player.

• Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer 11, Windows Installer, Shell, Windows Media Player, revised daylight saving time, and Windows Update for Business.

• Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Windows kernel, OLE automation, Windows lock screen, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, Windows SMB Server v1.0, Microsoft Graphics Component, and PDF.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Well this update not going smooth for me , This morning it was stuck at 95 percent , had windows update troubleshooter fix a few things twice , it reset a typical list of update components etc then it starts downloading again from scratch and now its stuck at 45 percent, Now as a backstop to all this I have downloaded the update from Microsofts website

Kardo Kristal has given the best alternative method if Windows update doesn't correct things automatically

However I will wait to see Microsoft fix this through there own Automatic update (Depending on my patience level) The average joe joeess should not have to be a guru for Windows 10 Automatic updates so lets see what happens over the next 12 hours. I allso got the same message as DardiM update not completed because your PC was off :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
D

Deleted member 2913

Win 10 64 Pro

I disabled Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 And started Windows Updates...Downloaded Office, Flash, etc updates fine...Currently downloading Cumulative Update And stuck on 74% for the past 15 mins...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

I tried 4 times & waited quite a long time but everytime stucks at some point & doesn't continue further.

I think will uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 & give a try to rule out any KIS probs.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I tried 4 times & waited quite a long time but everytime stucks at some point & doesn't continue further.

I think will uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 & give a try to rule out any KIS probs.
I think it's an MS server problem. Don't uninstall KIS 2017. Better download the offline installer, then install.
That's what I did, and it installed fine.
After that installation, Malware Removal Tool and Flash installed smoothly.
My laptop system says "up to date" already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.