Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Speed Launch

Speed Launch was the first Grassroots Project from Office Labs. It was developed by Microsoft employees who wanted to explore ways to provide faster access to the stuff people use most. With Speed Launch, you can simply drag any file, document, or website URL into the Speed Launch bull’s eye on your desktop and tag it with any name you want. Then, any time you need it again, you can just go through the bull’s eye, type or click on the name, and there it is.

Video :

Screenshots :

[Create Speed Launch shortcuts by dragging items into the bull’s eye.
speedLaunchSplash.jpg

The context menu on Speed Launch gives even more advanced functionality.

SpeedLaunch%20Context%20Menu.jpg

Get to the Speed Launch Launcher by hitting the ”Windows Key + C” or double clicking the bull’s-eye. The text field has auto-complete, so it’s very quick to get to shortcuts even with long names.
SpeedLaunchLauncherII.jpg

Last edited:

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Too bad they did not have this when i had windows XP :p

Well i guess the windows 7 search is easier (for me anyway)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
All you'd have to do is index a folder and put your shortcuts/ files in it.

Or what I do, which is to simply type them into the orb and because they're on my start menu/ programs I'll see them immediately.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I don't find it troublesome to just open my browser and type in the URL (considering I'll most likely have it saved in browser history). I always have to wait a bit on both of my computers after start-up before I can do much of anything (like open a browser), so this won't speed that up either. But I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
It's nice that they're doing it. But I wish they'd come up with something more imaginative. This is basically just indexing a folder and then keeping that folder on the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.