Microsoft Starts Sales of the Windows 10 Mobile Superphone

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Just as promised earlier this month, Microsoft officially started sales of the HP Elite X3 in its stores, with shipments to take between 3 and 7 days.

microsoft-starts-sales-of-the-windows-10-mobile-superphone-508645-2.jpg

Announced at MWC earlier this year, the HP Elite X3 is nicknamed the Windows 10 Mobile superphone thanks to its advanced features, as it comes with hardware that makes it the most powerful Windows phone to date.

And starting today, the Windows 10 Mobile superphone can be yours, as the Microsoft store is selling it for $799 on the official site. Surprisingly, the phone is listed as out of stock on HP’s page, so the Microsoft store is the only place you can buy it for the time being.

Microsoft announced that sales of the HP Elite X3 would kick off on September 26 earlier this month, but it was quite a bumpy ride for both interested customers and the companies themselves, as the launch was pushed back several times. Furthermore, during the pre-order program, the Elite X3 was several times listed as available and out of stock, with some customers even receiving the phone in mid-September in a totally unexpected move.

The HP Elite X3
HP’s new Windows 10 Mobile superphone comes with a 5.96-inch AMOLED display and is powered by the Snapdragon 820 processor, which is one of the most powerful mobile chips at the moment. It features 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage, as well as 2 stereo speakers and a Type-C connector.

The phone comes with a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera and an 8-megapixel front unit for selfies and video calls, and obviously includes a headphone jack too because it really makes sense. In terms of security, the phone also supports Windows Hello, and it includes both iris recognition and a fingerprint scanner.

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...the-windows-10-mobile-superphone-508645.shtml

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I voted that I might try this, then I read the story and noticed the price :confused:
If it was a Samsung or LG windows phone I would feel better about paying that price.
I wont pay that for a HP phone, not a chance.
Thanks Jack, cool share.
EDIT: vote changed :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
The problem with this phone isn't the company that builds it but the OS
that needs to attract developer's to build new apps or improve the existing ones. For example Facebook messenger doesn't provide calls on Windows Phones. Oh come on
p.s. I don't pay that much for any phone

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
With the OS being simple but pale, then expect very minimal users to purchase; unfortunately those smartphones are the strongest ones in terms of quality in my view however kills off because on the O.S.

RAM, camera and other processors may imprpve the overall smartphone but the O.S version is important to determine it's optimization.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.