Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Looks like MS is making their own device, a Windows 8 Tablet.

About Surface: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/about.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows RT in a cool form-factor.

I want to see actual photographs of this, and hope it's up to a high-quality standard when they reveal it hands-on.

Edit: Top comments.

7DRjy.png

Edit: First Look in 240p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vasc8UNl_0&feature=related

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Shut up and take my money! :D

Edit:

Btw, not to get confused the previous "Surface" name is now called PixelSense for businesses and such.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/pixelsense/default.aspx

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
This tablet made me hate my Android one! :D But no money as a gift this year for not studying well. :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Video is great but I can't say so about Surface until I actually get my hands on one to test first.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Come on, you know you want one on of these inverted laptops. :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
eXPerience said:
Looks amazing ! Nice to have a physical keyboard and windows 8 is just nice IMO.

Indeed,the keyboard adds a lot of functionality....
It seems like Microsoft had some problems during the presentation of this new gadget, hopefully everything will be fixed until the final release...

Any idea on how much this will cost??

Last edited:

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
according to softpedia...it could cost above $599......
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Surface-Made-By-Pegatron-Could-Cost-Above-599-276583.shtml

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Now I understand MS Surface.

I heard there will be 2 versions; Windows RT (ARM-based) and Windows 8 Pro (Intel-based, possible Core i5?).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft Surface tablet priced between $500 and $700 - Source

Prices for Microsoft's Surface RT tablets appear to have been inadvertently posted to the Web this morning and quickly pulled down.

At Microsoft's online store, a page appeared allowing consumers to pre-order Surface RT tablets for delivery on Oct. 26. The page lists a 32GB version of the tablet with a black touch cover for $599 and the same model without the touch cover for $499. The touch cover has a tactile keyboard built into it. A 64GB version of the Surface tablet with a keyboard cover is priced at $699.

(...)

No pricing was announced for the Surface models that will be able to run Windows 8. Those models are expected to support full HD 1080p screen resolution, but they're not expected to be available until 90 days after the launch of Windows 8 Oct. 26.

[attachment=2496]

Attachments

• surface_oops_pricin-100008676-orig.png
    surface_oops_pricin-100008676-orig.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 369

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Probably just for the dummy page.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Nice to see it priced good for having a Tegra 3 chipset. I have heard it has MS Office preactivated, but don't know which edition.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Nice to see it priced good for having a Tegra 3 chipset. I have heard it has MS Office preactivated, but don't know which edition.

Microsoft Home and Student 2013 RT Preview edition installed. Final Office Home & Student version will be installed via Windows Update when available (free download; ISP fees apply). Some features and programs unsupported. Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview and the final version are not for use in commercial, nonprofit, or revenue generating activities. Commercial license options available (sold separately).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Engadget : Microsoft Surface with Windows RT review

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.