Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
The last few builds which were released to Windows Insiders were pushed via the PC settings app, meaning there was no available ISOs for clean installation. Microsoft eventually released ISOs for build 9879 a few weeks after the build had hit for Insiders in the fast ring. Now, according to Gabe Aul on Twitter, the company aims to release new ISOs at the same time as the Windows 10 January Technical Preview is launched for fast ring participants.

This is good news for everyone, as many insiders prefer to install fresh with every new build. However, Microsoft do ask Windows Insiders to update via the built-in options as it allows the company to collect data and feedback during the process, making for a far better experience in the future. The newly available ISOs will also be good for consumers who wish to test out the new features, but have been holding off on the early builds.

@NaThanPhamIT Next build we release will include ISOs as well as published via Windows Update to upgrade existing installs.

— Gabriel Aul (@GabeAul) January 5, 2015

It's still unclear when the new technical preview will be released, many are assuming it will be on January 21st as that's when the company is holding its event. However Microsoft could opt to wait a day or two, much like they did with the original Windows Technical Preview back in September. Either way, stay tuned at WinBeta for more regarding Windows 10 and its upcoming January Preview!
Source

Hi To me one of the most important things you will ever do is create a back up image of your OS with a 3rd party program. I prefer Macrium Reflect. I'm going to try to make this as simple as I can with screen shots. When you open Macrium Reflect, you see the first screen shot. Very simple. The second screen shot, you choose the drives you want to back up and the designated destination (drop down list). The external drive would be my choice, which is (F my 1TB seagate external HD).The third step is really hard ;)simply click Finish. How hard was that. Now you have a image of your OS that will be restored exactly like the day you created the image. I will show you how to restore this image latter!
This is so simple to do, Please don't make it hard.
Capture401.JPG
Capture402.JPG
Capture403.JPG

First screen shot! Create a image of the partitions required to back up and restore windows.
Second screen shot. Select the first and second partition. The third partition will usually be your hidden back to factory.
Then select the destination from the drop down list.
Third screen shot. Simply click finish.;)
PS If this thread is allowed to be published, it was made specially for my friend @Cats-4_Owners-2 . Also my friend @frogboy will answer any questions you have about Macrium Reflect.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
desktop_story.jpg

According to a tweet by Gabriel Aul, head of the Windows Insider program, the January update for the Windows 10 Technical Preview will also include full ISOs made available for download, unlike the previous couple of updates which were delivered through the built in PC settings app for Windows Insiders who participated in the "fast ring".

Although full ISOs for build 9879 were made available shortly after the update, many users expressed dissatisfaction at being forced to upgrade within Windows, opting instead to clean install. Microsoft does ask that Windows Insider participants perform upgrades so that they can track the process through the data collection mechanism and get feedback to further improve the process.

It's unclear when the next Windows 10 build will be pushed to the fast ring, or if it will in fact be called the 'consumer preview' but it's likely to happen on or around January 21, which is when Microsoft will talk about the consumer features in Windows 10.

Gabe Aul did mention that availability will be announced on 1/21 in a Tweet, and that the next build will not be the previously leaked Build 9901 when asked about it.

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
According to a tweet by Gabriel Aul, head of the Windows Insider program, the January update for the Windows 10 Technical Preview will also include full ISOs made available for download, unlike the previous couple of updates which were delivered through the built in PC settings app for Windows Insiders who participated in the "fast ring".

Although full ISOs for build 9879 were made available shortly after the update, many users expressed dissatisfaction at being forced to upgrade within Windows, opting instead to clean install. Microsoft does ask that Windows Insider participants perform upgrades so that they can track the process through the data collection mechanism and get feedback to further improve the process.

It's unclear when the next Windows 10 build will be pushed to the fast ring, or if it will in fact be called the 'consumer preview' but it's likely to happen on or around January 21, which is when Microsoft will talk about the consumer features in Windows 10.

Gabe Aul did mention that availability will be announced on 1/21 in a Tweet, and that the next build will not be the previously leaked Build 9901 when asked about it.
images not showing
Source
&
correct image
desktop_story.jpg

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.