Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
...Recently, however, Microsoft changed the “Get windows 10” screen that pops up. In order to tell Microsoft that you don’t want to upgrade, you must click in the middle of the screen where it says, “Click here to change upgrade schedule or cancel scheduled upgrade”. Clicking on the X actually causes you to agree to the scheduled upgrade.This is unbelievably appalling. By Microsoft’s own guidelines, clicking on the X should have the same effect as a Cancel or Close button.

When Windows 10 started to install, most average users thought they had done something wrong. This was not the case. They did nothing wrong. Microsoft tricked them into upgrading to Windows 10. Microsoft – you should be ashamed of yourself. This popup has put Microsoft in the category of a scammer. This has alienated many Windows users. I heard from several that were so mad about this that they went out and purchased Macs...

See the rest of the article at Microsoft Tricks Users into Upgrading to Windows 10 | Sandy Berger Blog

I agree, appalling!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Report GWX as Adware to Microsoft.. :p

I am sure the bad publicity is outweighed by the benefits of Windows 10 and it's future.

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
They cannot trick anyone anymore because the upgrade is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.