Microsoft will begin replacing Microsoft Edge with its Chromium-based browser next week

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Im still awaiting this update 10am here..... maybe im just impatient....
its not delivered with the latest system update, its just that current beta available is the version of coming stable wich is delivered with the 2004 system patch, they probably post the download link for stable soonish

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
its not delivered with the latest system update, its just that current beta available is the version of coming stable wich is delivered with the 2004 system patch, they probably post the download link for stable soonish
Could you let me know when the stable version is released and post back to me the link? Thanks in advanced!!!

Reactions: show-Zi and Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Although it's just after 5 PM here in UK it's 9 AM in Microsoft HQ so I imagine it will be similar to Windows Update arrival time or later :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Back in December 2018, Microsoft first announced that it's rebuilding its Edge browser from the open source Chomium. Today, the new browser is generally available. Of course, that leaves the next question, which is how you'll be able to get it, and what Microsoft's plans for the rollout are.

First of all, if you want it right now, you can download it here. In fact, if you want it on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or macOS, downloading it that way is the only way that you'll get it. If you do this on Windows 10, it will hide the old Edge browser.

If you're on Windows 10 and you don't want to grab it manually, then it will arrive in a future Windows update, at least for Home and Pro editions. However, it's going to be a gradual rollout over the next few months, and the first users to get it automatically will be Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring.

Managed devices are not going to be automatically upgraded, nor are devices running Windows 10 Education, Enterprise, or Pro for Workstations, at least at this time. You can also block the automatic upgrade on Windows 10 Home or Pro using the Blocker Toolkit.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
The new Edge is all I use now. Since dumping internet Explorer years ago, I never thought I would find myself using and favoring an MS browser again, but this one is very good. Still have Firefox, but it just sits on my desktop gathering dust.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.