Status
Not open for further replies.

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Hi! There is a news from agnitum.

Good news for agnitum, bad news for users of agnitum especially home users hold lifetime license.

I love agnitum products, I have three lifetime OSS licenses and one lifetime OFP license. A BAD news for me. :(

Now they offer the policy to change agnitum products to kapersky products.

For the more details, please visit the following link.

Migration

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I am curious about what would happen after the end of 2016. At that time, would OFP become completely unusable (just like Online Armor), or still be usable, just no support & updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: miketan77

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
From what I can see from their website, they still providing antivirus base updates, bug fixing and technical support until December 31, 2016.
Exchange to Kaspersky Internet Security until 31 Jan, 2016.
I feel KIS is more heavier usage for my current computers.

D

Deleted member 2913

In December 2015 Yandex acquired Agnitum software technology. Agnitum’s R&D has provided security software solutions for over 15 years. These technologies will now be used to protect users of Yandex Browser.
As agreed by both parties, Agnitum’s software developers, quality engineers and virus analysts were offered an opportunity to join Yandex team and continue their work in St Petersburg office of Yandex.
Full report - January 14, 2016 — Yandex acquired Agnitum technology for Yandex Browser

Support & availablity -
As a result of the acquisition, Agnitum terminates direct and partner sales of the Outpost product line. However, the company continues to meet its commitments to existing customers. Agnitum will provide antivirus base updates, bug fixing and technical support until December 31, 2016.
Full details - Migration

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Active Outpost license Kaspersky Internet Security license
License expiring in 2016 1-year license to Kaspersky Internet Security 3 PC
Lifetime license and license expiring in 2017 2-year license to Kaspersky Internet Security 3 PC (you will receive two subsequently activated 1-year license keys)
Business and educational license In order to receive the exchange offer, please contact us through the support form and provide your active license key.
Migration

note offer expires end of january 2016, ie. a little over two weeks.
Outpost and antivirus signatures will be supported till the end of 2016.

Upgrading from Outpost to Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
Upgrading from Outpost to Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

OP Lifetime license is converted to KIS these blocked immediately and a use of OP is then no longer possible.

Wait yes, but get the keys for kis now...the offer is limited!
Yandex Agnitum Just some info from Wikipedia - Page 3

I have my Outpost Lifetime license Converted to Kaspersky Internet Security license
and then I have given away my Kaspersky Internet Security license to a User from
PC-Sicherheit.net

I'm not a fanboy from Kaspersky

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Good news for agnitum, bad news for users of agnitum especially home users hold lifetime license.

I love agnitum products, I have three lifetime OSS licenses and one lifetime OFP license. A BAD news for me. :(

Now they offer the policy to change agnitum products to kapersky products.

I really liked Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro myself. I bought a (3 user) lifetime license back in 2012
One of the settings that I found useful was the ability to password protect OSS . Does anyone know if that can be done with KIS 2016?
I guess I'll have to migrate to Kaspersky for the next 2 years.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems Agnitum even though their product are well reliable, however as the technology goes continuously emerged; there implementation on their product goes behind besides of their migration to Yandex so a bad news for those loyal users but as we all know those 'original' bigtime mainstream products tends to survive through numerous revenue techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.