Migration to Windows 10: short summary (update May 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
Most existing installations of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 are updateable to corresponding free Windows 10 Edition (within one year from the date of the final version).

For Windows 7:

Windows 7 Starter : not yet clarified
Windows 7 Home Basic : Windows 10 Home
Windows 7 Home Premium : Windows 10 Home
Windows 7 Professional : Windows 10 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate : Windows 10 Pro
Windows 7 Enterprise : free upgrade not foreseen.

For Windows 8/8.1:

Windows RT : upgrade not foreseen
Windows 8/ 8.1 : Windows 10 Home
Windows 8/8.1 Pro : Windows 10 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise : free upgrade not foreseen.

For Windows Phone:

Windows Phone 8.1 : Windows Mobile 10

Different speech to who should buy a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled, or uses Windows XP or Windows Vista (for which there is no free upgrade).

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Have 2 Windows 7 keys (OEM), one for Home Premium, one for Professional. Have 1 Windows 8 Core (OEM also). If OEM's are upgradable to Windows 10, I'm upgrading 100%. My hardware works perfect on Windows 10 with Windows 8 drivers. As for my Windows Phone, I've been using the Tech Preview since day one release with no problem (Lumia 635).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.