Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The account details of millions of online gamers have been stolen in a hack attack on games company Blizzard.

The company, which makes the World Of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo franchises posted a message on its website today advising players using North American servers to change their passwords for the account management service.

The compromised data relates to Battle.net accounts which are used for all of Blizzard's games.

Source

D

Deleted member 178

i will be sorry for the No-life that collects all the epic stuff then when login into his account will see his character naked...:D

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
i will be sorry for the No-life that collects all the epic stuff then when login into his account will see his character naked...:D

I had my WOW account hacked twice... problem is they hacked the account that was inactive.... So they were greeted with 5 characters on different servers, lv25 with nothing but junk in the inventory since that account was my test account:p

On a side note I might as well change my details since I still have a SC acc...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never played it, but I know a friend that does. He won't be happy with the news.

D

Deleted member 178

Before, on my WOW server, the n°1 guild that finished all the best High Epic instances get hacked via a keylogger embed in their guild's forum; the next day we saw on the general channel all the high epic stuff of each of the guildmates deleted in Real-time...we were all shocked what happened...but since they looked the other guild with a sense of superiority and disdain, we were not sorry :D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Things like this are the reason I haven't bought Diablo 3. I loved the first two games, but there is no reason I should have to log in to their servers to play a single player game...

D

Deleted member 178

oh you played alone in D2 ! i admire you ! how you manage to reach "hell" difficulty level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.