More Security Endpoint Tech Isn't Always Better

Do you Install More Security for Better Endpoint/PC Protection?

• Yes, I believe that more is better

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, I believe that a balanced layered approach is best

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No, I believe one security package fits all

• No, I don't believe in security software, I believe in common sense

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read more: More Security Endpoint Tech Isn't Always Better

Enterprises are investing in different types of endpoint security products to secure their systems, but when technology doesn’t play well with each other, the systems are left unprotected.

Since there is no one-size-fits-all technology addressing the various security threats the enterprise has to defend against, security teams cobble together different products to get that coverage. Antivirus looks for malware, encryption tools protect the data, management platforms deploy patches, and application whitelisting and network access controls prevent unauthorized access. The assumption is that the web of defenses block most of the threats, so Absolute Software’s conclusion that 42 percent of endpoints are left unprotected at any given time is extremely unsettling.

[..]

“Increased security spending does not increase safety,” said Absolute’s CEO Christy Wyatt.

Related: Report: The State of Endpoint Security in 2019

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Read more: More Security Endpoint Tech Isn't Always Better

Enterprises are investing in different types of endpoint security products to secure their systems, but when technology doesn’t play well with each other, the systems are left unprotected.

Since there is no one-size-fits-all technology addressing the various security threats the enterprise has to defend against, security teams cobble together different products to get that coverage. Antivirus looks for malware, encryption tools protect the data, management platforms deploy patches, and application whitelisting and network access controls prevent unauthorized access. The assumption is that the web of defenses block most of the threats, so Absolute Software’s conclusion that 42 percent of endpoints are left unprotected at any given time is extremely unsettling.

[..]

“Increased security spending does not increase safety,” said Absolute’s CEO Christy Wyatt.

Related: Report: The State of Endpoint Security in 2019
It is not about how many packages you use, it is about using right worthful security software with some whitelisting database approach.
I differ sand boxing technique entirely, however a better robust security solution, with all current patches and updates + Whitelist database approach serves better.I mean restricting (Default block) access for all employees across the office

Nothing is bullet proof --> Will never ever be.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.