Yes
Security & Privacy Apps
* Auto Blocker feature that comes with OneUI 6.0
Firewall & VPN Apps
Mullvad DNS.
Browser
Firefox.
Password manager
Bitwarden Mobile: Set to auto fill and can only be unlocked by my fingerprint.
Authenticator
Aegis Authenticator - 2FA App
Phone & Caller ID
Activated Caller ID and Spam Protection inside the Samsung Phone settings.
Messaging
* WhatsApp
* Instagram
* Facebook
Music & Podcasts
* YT Music ( Came pre-installed. )
Photo & Video
ProShot.
File and Photo backup
Backup phone is active, it makes a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One.
Active subscriptions
    • None
Notable changes
25-08-2023: permanently switched from Bitdefender Mobile Security to Trustd Mobile Security.
26-09-2023: Switched from trustd to Sophos Intercept X.
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
* Replaced Google Chrome with latest Firefox, and synched it with the Desktop version.

Plugins: uBlock Origin - Bitwarden - Dark Reader.

* Added NextDNSManager through PLAY store, so that I can easily change things if I want on my Phone.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I suggest move everything from passwords to TOTPs into Bitwarden.
It makes life easier and more convenient.
Also, for better security, secure Bitwarden with Yubikey.

To use that function in Bitwarden, you need the Premium version, I think, and I am perfectly fine with the free version. (y)

But from what I have read and heard, it looks like things are gearing more and more towards Passkeys and such, so I guess I could start looking around for a Yubikey. :)

• +Reputation
Reactions: piquiteco and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To use that function in Bitwarden, you need the Premium version, I think, and I am perfectly fine with the free version. (y)

But from what I have read and heard, it looks like things are gearing more and more towards Passkeys and such, so I guess I could start looking around for a Yubikey. :)
Bitwarden Premium is so cheap, that it only costs you 2c per day which includes Bitwarden Send, YubiKey and FIDO2 compliant key support and other features.

Aegis is good choice if you want to manage your own authentication keys. It does support Google Backup, or can be exported to a secure storage medium.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Bitwarden Premium is so cheap, that it only costs you 2c per day which includes Bitwarden Send, YubiKey and FIDO2 compliant key support and other features.

Aegis is good choice if you want to manage your own authentication keys. It does support Google Backup, or can be exported to a secure storage medium.
Thank you, I will check it out on their site this week. :)

Reactions: piquiteco

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
** Firstly, I am just trying this app out for a while, so nothing is permanently changed in my security setup. :)

About 3 days ago, I saw a thread here on MalwareTips that pointed me towards a security app for Android and iOS smartphones. It looked interesting enough for me to think... "Hey lets see how it compares to BitDefender Mobile Security. And this is the site for the app.

Trustd Mobile Security

A link to the Android version is on the site, and the one for iOS should be in their store. This is from a website I found when I researched about the app...

• AI-powered protection
  • Compatible with Android and iOS devices
  • Protection from compromised WiFi
  • Rooting notification
  • Privacy protection
  • Settings feature
  • Background running
  • Dashboard
  • Malicious website protection
  • Phishing detection
  • Malware detection and cleanup (Android only)
  • Apps Scan (Android only)
  • App Permissions (Android only)
Whether the last three points are true, I do not know for sure, since I only have an Android. The trustd website I linked to above is safe according to Virus total and Kaspersky.

VirusTotal

Kaspersky results Trustd Mobile Security website.jpg

It looks pretty good so far, and I will use it for a while. If I like it enough I will keep it, if not then I will go back to BitDefender Mobile Security. Till I decide on that, I will not make a change in my mobile setup on top of this thread. :)

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
* permanently switched from BitDefender Mobile Security to Trustd Mobile Security.

* Set Remote Wipe to yes.

Reactions: harlan4096

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
This morning I got the update to OneUI6.0 / Android 14.

And I have a question, I use Sophos Intercept X on my phone, and it already scans apps. Should I nonetheless activate the full auto block function?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
After I watched my wife use Mullvad DNS on her phone, I switched to it as well a few days ago. Not because NextDNS was not good, it is great in my opinion. But it felt to me the past two months that it was becoming slower and slower? So when I saw that Mullvad DNS was fast on her phone, I thought… OK why not try it yourself. :) No ads seen so far, and they have a few different DNS server options to choose from.

For info on what DNS server options there are, just scroll up. :)

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.