Most effective paid anti-malware 2018?

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
members on here seem to like emsisoft better.

please say why you prefer the anti-malware.

please exclude kaspersky.

Reactions: Electr0n

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Using G-Data with Bitdefender engine and a custom engine. Works great, superb detection! Using the Total security suite. Just look at the malwarehub vault :) Very light on the system.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I selected other, since it didn't specifiy it had to be an antivirus. My actual choice would be Appguard, since properly configured it stops everything, period
Can it stop data being exfiltrated by botnets and APTs? How about stopping a legit-turned-rouge software like in the CCleaner case?

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I checked emisi which is effective with less setting adjustment, but if you are interested in fine setting, I think it is not a solid choice.

The most certain thing is to try it.
Sandwich ingredients recommended by everyone may be different from your favorite ingredients.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
I don't like polls like this :confused: you open the door for all fanboys and haters
every antivirus has good and bad days. You can see it weekly in our malwarehub(y)
in the malware hub, all i see is malware samples. what do you have to do to see something else in the 'malware hub'? it says 'danger' get out.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
i meant if kaspersky is your 1st choice, what is your 2nd choice?
Bitdefender, Norton, Trend Micro, Emsisoft, SecureAPlus(kinda AV)
in the malware hub, all i see is malware samples. what do you have to do to see something else in the 'malware hub'? it says 'danger' get out.
check the results testers are posting using these AVs

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Emsisoft, because great protection out of the box, great behavior blocker, great customer support. I bolded out customer support because this is a really important thing that most people tend to overlook.
It was a tough choice between eset and Emsisoft, but the behavior blocker is definitely better on emsisoft and eset is lighter on system. As you asked for effectiveness so I had to choose emsisoft, though in real world eset more than good enough.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
I don't like polls like this :confused: you open the door for all fanboys and haters
every antivirus has good and bad days. You can see it weekly in our malwarehub(y)
when i click on an image in 'malware hub', i get 'you are not authorized to take this action'. how do i get authorized to see the images?
thanks to all who posted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.