• Bitdefender (Any Version)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Norton (Any Version)

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
In your opinion what is the Most Improved Anti-Virus of All Time?
If your answer is not in the voting section, please specify :)

P.S: If possible can you please specify the date of when your answer improved.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
I voted other and most of you can allready guess what my answer will be : AVG. for years the products where mediocre and the company got bad credit for forcing " secure search " on users and this got the many , many disgruntled costomers. for years the AV was signature based detection , leaving them trailling heavilly behind most of the competitors. if you will ask most people , they will tell they will not touch AVG with a ten foot pole , stil believing that the 2016 version is still mediocre. I firmly believe that the company has come a long way and the 2,5 years of work they spent into the devellopment of their artificial intelligence engine and crowd cloud module ( leaving the collecting the user data aside ) is steadilly paying of. a small example is the boottime protection test done by @cruelsister. AVG still has a long road to go to fully perfect themselfs , but the product is getting there ;)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Aside from Spybot/SAS and MBAM not being antivirus software, all antivirus solutions improve over time.

There is no right or wrong answer. Some versions of some vendors are not vastly improved and then further versions are. Also, despite its technical side updates and improvements, users will always voice their own opinion, most of the time not really accurate and instead biased.

Did not vote because the option to choose all is not available and the poll itself is not updated.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Windows Defender on Windows 10 has been giving third party vendors that make security solutions for consumer Windows OS a run for their money. In terms of total increase of efficiency + protection improvements for the modern web, I give the torch to Norton. They continue to strive for more future-proof technology. One can not doubt that because Microsoft has made Windows Defender into what it is today, third party vendors have been giving a much harder push to keep ahead of it (a good thing, competition is the best drive for improvement).

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
in my opinion, the AVs that most improved are: AVG, Windows Defender and Norton.
I already used all the 3 antivirus and i see more improves in AVG and Norton products.
Windows Defender improved but also windows OS improved security in the system as a whole.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.