Moto incapable of releasing Android Nougat updates

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"The reason these delays are so obnoxious is that Motorola has one of the most stock-like manufacturer skins of all, and the Moto X Pure Edition is so close to stock Nougat it’s not funny. And yet, Motorola, under Lenovo’s ownership, now seems incapable of rolling out Nougat in anything even resembling a timely manner. Even for the Moto X Pure Edition, which is still waiting.

Taking anywhere near this long to essentially roll out stock with a few Moto apps and tweaks on top is nothing short of appalling."

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hey,I have Nougat 7.1.1 on my Nexus 9 from HTC,I do not get why there has to be such difference from company to company regarding these Android updates,all android users should benefit from the new versions.:eek:

Reactions: Solarquest

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Hey,I have Nougat 7.1.1 on my Nexus 9 from HTC,I do not get why there has to be such difference from company to company regarding these Android updates,all android users should benefit from the new versions.:eek:

Most companies offer a heavily modified version of the Android system. So, several different parts of the system are either customised or sometimes changed to fit their hardware. When Google releases a new Android version, it cannot update these Android phones: the manufacturers should make their own release of the new Android version to the customers, but then you see some offering updates to their high-end phones, others don't even bother.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Layman's term: Besides on marketing strategy, it is the manufacturer protocol and Google if the current smartphone are capable for upgrade.

In actual view that should be easy but different when dealing for optimization cause performance is a number one issue after major upgrade.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.